Author Topic: has anyone fitted one of these?  (Read 3247 times)

Offline dan_b998

• Not said much yet
Re: has anyone fitted one of these?
« Reply #10 on: 17 March 2009, 23:07 »
the hood i was lookin at was fitted to the car

in the picture i mean

i'm kinda guessin i won't get a new window but do u get the inner skin aswell and all the waddin inbetween the 2 layers

also do u get a new window seal

i'm goin to b fittin a new roof in the furture an greeasin the mech as its a bit on the stiff side

and my roof has been ripped i cna get a mohair hoodfor 215 with 15 postage off ebay

it doesn't say weather it comes with the other bits i mentioned cnas anyone answer that for me who has bought a hood b4

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
« Reply #11 on: 18 March 2009, 08:52 »
han do you mean the insulationy stuff inside? if so the covering over it was a bit screwed so we had to re-sew some fabric over the top, but apart from that no packing was required :)
no other seals are included, just the hood material itself, we got some glue to stick it plus black sealant for the rear screen, and some rivets.
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Dinky

« Reply #12 on: 18 March 2009, 22:15 »
I think you'll find I'm called dinx.... bit of a difference...
Yes, the insulation/packing, this I am assuming is between the liner and the actual hood. Just I know sometimes when removing/changin cables can result in a different shape, shall we say, of the hood

cheers

Offline dan_b998

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 20 March 2009, 00:19 »
so if its just the outer skin i'm gettin what can i use as the insulation stuff an is there anywhere i could get the iner skin fromaswell and how hard is it to fit

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
« Reply #14 on: 20 March 2009, 08:19 »
sorry about that  :embarassed:
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline Stone0311

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 07 April 2009, 11:56 »
Have fitted two of the hoods from this ebay supplier - couldnt find any faults with either of them, strange as it says they are seconds.
Bit of a sod to fit - this guide helped though:
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=12313&start=0

You can get the rubberised horse hair that goes in between the outer and liner from here
http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/p-1532-rubberised-horsehair.aspx  - 1 sheet should be enough

You need to fabricate a material liner though if yours is dead (see pics) make yours a bit wider than mine though to cover the hinges on the edge, i used heavy white cotton with water proof ripstop edges):
Before

After