Author Topic: mk3 into mk2  (Read 1934 times)

Offline gibson

• GTI forum regular
mk3 into mk2
« on: 13 July 2004, 11:08 »
can anyone tell me would mk3 seats fit into my D reg mk2 8v gti easily or not. Or can anyone recommend any decent recaro like seats... has anyone changed there mk2 seats if so what's it look like. any pics would be a great help. cheers

Offline vixteris

• I live here
Re:mk3 into mk2
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2004, 23:57 »
anythings possible. cant remember where but i saw some colour concept seats in a mark 2 on the web the other day.  :o

i personally really like  electric recaros in a mark 2.  8)  for pics pm dizzie  ;)

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #2 on: 14 July 2004, 13:17 »
mk3 front seats fit straight in afaik. back ones require some making up of the mounts. mk1,2 and 3 front seats are all the same.
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline gibson

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2004, 18:52 »
thanks for that. I only want the front seats. I have had my car a few month. It's 19 year old so she's getting on a bit. The guy I got it from had it 14 year and he must have smoked a lot as there is a stench of smoke in the car. It has been reduced by a lot of cleaning but still there a little bit. I want to remove them because of this and also they are very dated now and seen some lovely black leather mk3 front seatson ebay. any ideas what to do with the back ones. I only want to spend ?300 MAX on this idea. They were on ebay at ?200 left me ?100 for back seats. They also included the door wallets which looked a lot better to