Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 555218 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1070 on: 30 May 2017, 12:32 »
First go with DAS ,only done back of car for a test with meguires mf kit and then a coat of fusso99 king of gloss

Looks nice and smooth and glossy. :cool:  How did you get on with the Megs MF system?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline hepton

• Not said much yet
  • 2017 GTD
« Reply #1071 on: 31 May 2017, 09:35 »
First go with DAS ,only done back of car for a test with meguires mf kit and then a coat of fusso99 king of gloss

Looks nice and smooth and glossy. :cool:  How did you get on with the Megs MF system?
not a bad system for first timers, who dont know what pads n polish to buy  :undecided: with good results ,i think i done it right,polish come off with ease, one thing im not sure about is how often to add polish to pads??

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1072 on: 31 May 2017, 10:37 »

not a bad system for first timers, who dont know what pads n polish to buy  :undecided: with good results ,i think i done it right,polish come off with ease, one thing im not sure about is how often to add polish to pads??

After first priming the pad, which you need to do every time you change pads, add a couple more drops of polish after each pad clean (spur).  You only want to add a little once the pad is primed. Regular cleaning of the pad during the course of polishing is critical, to stop pads getting clogged.  For example, I spur the pad in use after every few section passes, as work in 12 x 12" sections, or 18 x 18" max.  So I do required number of section passes, then stop and clean the pad using spurring brush. A soft toothbrush works too,  Just run the brush across the pad a few times with the machine running at speed 3/4, and you'll see them fluff back up, then I add a couple more spots of polish and continue.  I switch to a fresh clean pad (and re-prime) after every couple of panels, or after every big panel, i.e roof, bonnet.

You've probably seen this but is a very useful guide.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/blog/2011/08/meguiars-da-microfibre-correction-system/
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline hepton

• Not said much yet
  • 2017 GTD
« Reply #1073 on: 31 May 2017, 11:11 »
oops ..thanks for info , ill do it properly next time  :laugh:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1074 on: 31 May 2017, 14:57 »
oops ..thanks for info , ill do it properly next time  :laugh:

:laugh:

2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1075 on: 31 May 2017, 15:07 »
Finally found time to give it a much needed clean after over 3 weeks without.  But had to dodge the rain.

Usual pre-wash, wash and dry regime, followed by coat of wax on bodywork and sealant on wheels.  Part way through buffing off wax, the heavens started to open but I powered on through to the end!

Dirty Prets and tips

Bilberried then snowfoamed

Pressure wash rinse commenced

Pretty clean after rinsing off snow foam, before washing with wheel woolies

Separate wheel woolie for tailpipes and front grill

After the 2 bucket wash....

Prets sealed with C2v3

Tailpipes polished with Mothers

Paintwork waxed with Swissvax Onyx

« Last Edit: 31 May 2017, 19:46 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #1076 on: 31 May 2017, 20:08 »
Stunning as usual Rebecca 😆😆
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1077 on: 31 May 2017, 20:50 »
+1 for that, perfect.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1078 on: 01 June 2017, 17:09 »

+1 for that, perfect.

Thanks for kind words both.  :smiley:

It was nice to get it looking decent again, of course it's already now covered in a layer of pollen again.  I hate this time if year, but I also love this time of year!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #1079 on: 01 June 2017, 19:13 »

+1 for that, perfect.

Thanks for kind words both.  :smiley:

It was nice to get it looking decent again, of course it's already now covered in a layer of pollen again.  I hate this time if year, but I also love this time of year!

Yeah I know exactly what you mean when I got mine home I washed dried polished and waxed the wife's Scirocco but of course it rained and then both card were covered in wet pollen  :angry:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆