Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653296 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2600 on: 04 May 2015, 18:16 »
Was just heading out for a ride on my mtb and my bike was leant up against a sign by my car. Cue sharp gust of wind and bike falls in to car. Nice little dent in offside rear door caused by handlebar :-( Sod's law seeing as I pick up my new car in a months time.

I've asked for a quote from chips away. Has anyone had experience of these guys and does anyone know how much a small dent repair might cost?

That's bad timing Snooze, it is Sod's Law.  Hope it's easily sorted.  Are you trading yours in?

Never used Chipsaway or any other dent repairer, but I also need to find a good PDR / chip repair guy to sort a couple of bits on my rear bumper. Got a couple of paint chips right on the edge where people have dragged suitcases out despite being told to lift them  :angry:  and a small crinkle near the number plate recess inflicted by someone in a car park, grrr.  Nothing major but like to get them sorted before trading or selling it.

Not sure who to get to do it,  but a while ago I noted down the name of a dent repair company I saw carrying out an early morning repair on a Focus ST.  I see this car every morning and it is immaculately kept and obviously pampered, so I figure the owner might hopefully use a decent repairer.  Might give them a call.  Don't the likes of Chipsaway charge per panel?  Be interested to know what sort of prices you get.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #2601 on: 04 May 2015, 18:21 »
tested out the comforst stakes. M32 - m4 - m5 - m42 - m1 - m18 and A1m. Thank fook for cruise control .  :laugh:

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #2602 on: 04 May 2015, 18:26 »
Hi booth. My mk6 is on lease too so will be handing it back to the stealer. I'll pay a premium for any damage, hence the need to fix any problems before I hand it back!

A few of the guys on here have recommended pdr. I've never used them before. If it's less than £100 I'll be happy!
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2603 on: 04 May 2015, 18:38 »
Hi booth. My mk6 is on lease too so will be handing it back to the stealer. I'll pay a premium for any damage, hence the need to fix any problems before I hand it back!

A few of the guys on here have recommended pdr. I've never used them before. If it's less than £100 I'll be happy!

Ah, yeah I can see why you need to get them sorted then.  I was thinking in the region of about £100 too.  I remember, in the past, a few on here mentioning Chipsaway and saying the quality of the repair really comes down to the skill of the individual repair guy, some are good, others are not.  This is where a personal recommendation is helpful.

With mine it's low cost so I may as well get them sorted in case I sell privately. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2604 on: 05 May 2015, 18:17 »

Hi snooze I used to work for a large automotive company and the guys that our company used where called ace dent Google them and take a look we also used chips away and like anything it's how good the smart repairer is. Hope you get it sorted
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #2605 on: 05 May 2015, 18:22 »
Thanks Charlie. Got my quote from chips away today. £70plus VAT. Pretty happy with that.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2606 on: 05 May 2015, 18:50 »
Thanks Charlie. Got my quote from chips away today. £70plus VAT. Pretty happy with that.

Nice price Snooze, you going with them then?
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #2607 on: 05 May 2015, 19:23 »
Still pretty expensive for a tiny dent! But yeah prob gonna go with it.

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2608 on: 05 May 2015, 19:32 »
They normally charge by the panel so it might seem expensive but it's probably cheaper than having a body shop sort it. Glad it's getting sorted. I hate dents with a passion  :laugh:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #2609 on: 05 May 2015, 19:36 »
I see. Yeah bodyshop would no doubt cost more!

As long as it's not noticeable when I give it back to the stealers it's all gd!