Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654335 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2500 on: 30 March 2015, 16:19 »
Hope the trend ends soon, one of my pet hates with new cars now alongside electric handbrakes.

Now I love my Passat's handbrake, especially with Auto Hold. I had to drive the Golf today and apart from having too many pedals, having to use the handbrake seemed like a real chore. I had to do a hillstart and everything.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2501 on: 30 March 2015, 16:21 »
Yeah I think the Monzas are a great looking wheel but I'm with you that the current range just doesn't look good, Cadiz especially! Hope the trend ends soon, one of my pet hates with new cars now alongside electric handbrakes. Bet you will be happy with the Prets, they are a great looking wheel and no stupid fragile finish either!  I wish the previous owner of my car had replaced them under warranty too, might have had more of a chance to keep it away for longer.

I'll be sure to post some engine cover pics up when it's done. Current turnaround time at Aquagraphix is 2 -3 weeks so I'll keep you posted!

Haha don't get me started on electronic handbrakes and stop/start (that's gonna be turned off  :whistle:)

I just want to drive the s0dding thing.  The wonders of modern tech eh!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2502 on: 30 March 2015, 16:23 »
Hope the trend ends soon, one of my pet hates with new cars now alongside electric handbrakes.

Now I love my Passat's handbrake, especially with Auto Hold. I had to drive the Golf today and apart from having too many pedals, having to use the handbrake seemed like a real chore. I had to do a hillstart and everything.

You'll be driving it whilst wearing slippers and smoking a pipe next  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2503 on: 30 March 2015, 16:25 »
Ok I'll admit I've only driven a manual Passat with the electric handbrake and it just didn't gel, I'd imagine it makes more sense with a DSG/auto. Though I quite fancy going manual again with the next car, I'd put up with it for a Golf R on Pretorias  :wink:

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2504 on: 30 March 2015, 16:41 »

Quite possibly as I pootled off to the caravan shop and bought a new awning yesterday.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2505 on: 30 March 2015, 16:42 »
Ok I'll admit I've only driven a manual Passat with the electric handbrake and it just didn't gel, I'd imagine it makes more sense with a DSG/auto. Though I quite fancy going manual again with the next car, I'd put up with it for a Golf R on Pretorias  :wink:

I've driven a few work hire vehicles with both electronic handbrake and stop start.  The worst being a Seat Alhambra  :sick:

I know I'll get used to the handbrake in time so not too fussed about than but I loath stop start and can't see me ever growing to like it.  But I love DSG and this will be my 3rd car (golf) with it and I'don't think I would go back to a manual now. 

2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2506 on: 30 March 2015, 16:45 »

Quite possibly as I pootled off to the caravan shop and bought a new awning yesterday.

Is it stripey?
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2507 on: 30 March 2015, 16:53 »
I know I'll get used to the handbrake in time so not too fussed about than but I loath stop start and can't see me ever growing to like it. 

You'll soon learn to come off the brake pedal and let the Auto Hold take over before the engine stops.

Is it stripey?

No, but it is inflatable

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2508 on: 30 March 2015, 17:26 »
You'll soon learn to come off the brake pedal and let the Auto Hold take over before the engine stops.

Yes I expect I'll master it sooner rather than later. 

No, but it is inflatable

Novel.  Does it double up as an emergency life raft too, should the need arise  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2509 on: 30 March 2015, 18:47 »
I know I'll get used to the handbrake in time so not too fussed about than but I loath stop start and can't see me ever growing to like it. 

Is it stripey?

No, but it is inflatable
Too idle for poles  :grin:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack