Author Topic: DPF Filters  (Read 2802 times)

Offline dilbert

• GTI forum regular
DPF Filters
« on: 03 November 2011, 18:50 »
what you all think of them ? where getting quite a few in every month at the garage with people not doing the regeneration cycles when needed  :undecided:

i personallly think its a bad design/setup   :evil:
mk4 golf 1.8 gti 20v

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: DPF Filters
« Reply #1 on: 03 November 2011, 18:54 »
Fooking piece of badly designed and poorly thought of crap

Later ones seem to fare better.  Mine has been ok so far........

You seen the size of the pipe on some of them?? At some points they are barely an inch in diameter  :shocked:

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #2 on: 03 November 2011, 19:12 »
what you all think of them ? where getting quite a few in every month at the garage with people not doing the regeneration cycles when needed  :undecided:

Bloody things!!!  LOL

If I was you I would contact Nick or Criag at Carbon Chiptung they will give you the low down on DPFs, They helped us when we got stuck with a DPF system.

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #3 on: 03 November 2011, 19:14 »
thanks chaps

The CR DPF is fine PD is  :sick:

What engine do you have?

Offline dilbert

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 03 November 2011, 19:23 »

Bloody things!!!  LOL

If I was you I would contact Nick or Criag at Carbon Chiptung they will give you the low down on DPFs, They helped us when we got stuck with a DPF system.

we done one on a audi a4 2.0l tdi and that was a night mare it was 100% fully blocked . causing huge amounts of backpressure, lucky the turbo didnt go bang as the customer was driving it around for a couple weeks in limp home mode wouldnt go past 20mph :undecided:

I took the dpf off and we steam cleaned / jet washed it out and it was a'lot better when back together but not 100%. so we ended up doing our own regeneration cycle on the snap on solus scanner, which heats the dpf up to 300 degrees when on a drive, which go the soot % down to -100% ( completly empty) and god what a diffrence it made. hasnt blocked up since and the car has 100% power  :smiley:
mk4 golf 1.8 gti 20v

Offline dilbert

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 03 November 2011, 19:24 »

Bloody things!!!  LOL

what dpf system did you get stuck on nick ?
mk4 golf 1.8 gti 20v

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #6 on: 03 November 2011, 19:30 »
We've had trouble with Pug/Citroen HDI DPF's reporting DPF blocked; turns out at least one was a faulty pressure sensor. They're mounted on the bulkhead, fill with water and short out.  :rolleyes:

Next to no-one is aware of the regeneration process

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline DOA

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 03 November 2011, 20:22 »

I was under the impression they auto-regened once the pressure differential got too high? Of course this assumes the sensors are working...... Remarkably easy to block on an engine dyno!!

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #8 on: 03 November 2011, 20:27 »
try sorting out a polis 3litre V6 diesel  :laugh:

high speed thrashes followed by 3 hours on ticker during coffee n donuts.  :sick:

thankfully mine is DPF free  :smug:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #9 on: 03 November 2011, 20:29 »

I was under the impression they auto-regened once the pressure differential got too high? Of course this assumes the sensors are working...... Remarkably easy to block on an engine dyno!!

Problem is they might never reach those conditions which 99/100 is down to a faulty sensor

I was very apprehensive about getting a 170 PD as they are notorious for DPF problems coupled with the fact at the time I was doing less than 10 miles a day and then I went and remapped it lol

However in the first 12 months I've not encountered a problem although I can tell when the car is going through a regeneration cycle

Currently doing approx 70 miles a day so in theory I should be further away from running into problems  :lipsrsealed:

Providing my car misses the MOT cut off point the DPF will be coming off some time next year  :evil: