Author Topic: Footwell lighting  (Read 2834 times)

Offline wag29

• Not said much yet
Footwell lighting
« on: 16 November 2014, 21:02 »
Hope this is not a stupid question but does the GTD have footwell lighting on the passenger side aswell as the drivers side?. Was out in my  3 day old GTD tonite and noticed there was no light on the passenger footwell but the driver side was working perfect. When I stuck my head underneath I was surprised to see there was no light at all only the hole where the light pushes into :huh:. Don't know if it was a coincidence but the felt trim that is under the dash housing was hanging down, has someone forget to fit it at factory or has it been taken out by the dealer for some reason :huh:. My last GTI which was a 2012 mk 6 had lighting on both side so I cannot see the mk7 being any different, any advice would be appreciated, as I don't want to make myself look an idiot by ringing the dealer and having a rant if this is a standard feature.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Footwell lighting
« Reply #1 on: 16 November 2014, 21:09 »
Yes you're supposed to have foot well lighting in passenger and drivers. Looks like either someone's knicked it for another car at the dealership or the factory forgot to install one.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline wag29

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 16 November 2014, 21:17 »
Thanks for reply, my first thought that it was taken out at dealership, when I collected my car on Friday I noticed the illuminating strip on drivers side sill had a couple of dents in it, when I pointed this out to the salesman he got one of the tech guys to take one off another new car parked around the back and fitted to mine so I know this practice does go on! On phone in morning to have a rant at dealership as now I have to retun back to them in a short period of time, nearly a 100 mile round trip.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 17 November 2014, 08:08 »
Thanks for reply, my first thought that it was taken out at dealership, when I collected my car on Friday I noticed the illuminating strip on drivers side sill had a couple of dents in it, when I pointed this out to the salesman he got one of the tech guys to take one off another new car parked around the back and fitted to mine so I know this practice does go on! On phone in morning to have a rant at dealership as now I have to retun back to them in a short period of time, nearly a 100 mile round trip.

100 mile round trip for something that should have been picked up at PDI? I'd be asking them for a nice freebie to cover the fuel usage and your time. If they shrug it off then i'd say that the incident will be mentioned when VW UK give you your customer satisfaction survey (probably around 2 weeks into ownership) - that'll sharp make them back down. The satisfaction survey adds a fair bit of margin for the dealer if they do well.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 27 November 2014, 13:31 »
Get the dealer to collect it as I wouldn't be using my time to do something that should have been caught on before you got the car. Alternatively they send someone who can fix it at your house.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias