Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654175 times)

Offline Jonny_D_1987

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2800 on: 03 January 2016, 21:46 »
Look at altering the boot stops (they just turn to go raise or lower and also look at lubricating the rubber seal.

Thanks will have a go at this tomorrow, so frustrating  :undecided:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2801 on: 04 January 2016, 14:56 »
Just remembered it needs MOTing before Friday.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Pinky1959

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2802 on: 04 January 2016, 17:35 »
Got a couple of  hours dry and deep cleansed the bonnet and roof of wifes car then 2 coats of a/glym srp and one coat of exp sealant  then it started raining again .

Offline Dipesh2031

• GTI forum regular
  • Options bae?
« Reply #2803 on: 04 January 2016, 18:12 »
Guys, what's the best oil to put in a mk6 golf gti? I know this has probably been discussed before but just bare with me. Castrol edge 5w30? Or quantum longlife 5w30? Also can anyone say what needs to be done on my next service? Will be on 54,000miles by then. Just an oil & filter change? Thanks

You want the very best oil. every tuner, even mechanics I know, all recommend millers nanodrive CFS 5w-40 for the gti and many other cars including diesels, this is the best oil by far, theres dyno proven figures and it really does protect more than your average oil. if you want more power and torque and want the added security of running a thicker weight (but with lower friction) I'd get some, costs around £55 online with free delivery and is the best. I did dyno runs before and after I gained 4bhp (note mustang dyno so much more accurate), not loads, but worth it knowing I can drive on track and fast etc etc
MK6 GTi - Black - DSG - 18' Monza shadow - Luxury Pack - Convenience pack - Park assist - Xenons - RNS510 - Adaptive chassis control - Dynaudio - Bluetooth - Reverse camera - front/rear sensors --mods-- Evoms Intake - Eurojet/stasis Turboback Catless 3" exhaust

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2804 on: 09 January 2016, 21:39 »
Ordered some new boots for it, 4x Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3. Have the old 2's on at the min so interested to find out how these new versions compare :)

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Db4193

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2805 on: 10 January 2016, 03:39 »
Ordered some new boots for it, 4x Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3. Have the old 2's on at the min so interested to find out how these new versions compare :)

Where did you get them from? Haven't seen them on any of the usual sites when I've looked.
Been tempted by pilot supersports after ats said they can do all 4 supplies and fitted for 460 :shocked:

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2806 on: 10 January 2016, 19:46 »
Tyreleader had them in 225/40 R18 92Y and I paid £320 for the set

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Jonny_D_1987

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2807 on: 12 January 2016, 20:41 »
Look at altering the boot stops (they just turn to go raise or lower and also look at lubricating the rubber seal.

Thanks will have a go at this tomorrow, so frustrating  :undecided:

Buck you absolute legend! Did this yesterday, popped the boot stops 2 or 3 notches sorted, THANKS! :)

Offline gaurav_aidasani

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2808 on: 18 January 2016, 08:52 »
MOTed over weekend. VW price matched kwik fit and got it done for 30 quid + free 34 point VWs visual 'inspection' whatever that is

Sailed through
:)
« Last Edit: 18 January 2016, 09:23 by gaurav_aidasani »

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2809 on: 29 January 2016, 12:16 »
Just had my geometry checked and four new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3s fitted at Blackouts/Wheels In Motion in Chesham. Great place, left them this review on Google if you're interested:

Just got back from Blackboots/Wheels In Motion after I booked in for a geometry check and tyre fitting. Completely faultless service in my opinion. Work was carried out quickly and to a very high standard. No concerns about these guys damaging wheels during tyre fitment like I have with so many other places. Adjustments made to suspension geometry explained and printout received of before and after measurements. Very friendly and knowledgable staff. Waiting area is great, large windows all around to see the work being done to your vehicle, and TV, magazines and coffee all available to enjoy on the comfy sofa. Wouldn't hesitate to use again and highly recommend.

Too early to say much about how the new tyres compare to the old versions apart from the rim protection doesn't seem as good to me. On the geometry side, all was good apart from a small front toe adjustment. Will post a pic of the printout up later! Plus the car had a clean yesterday so it's really getting treated at the min! Haha  :cool:
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=274783.msg2529804#msg2529804