Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653292 times)

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1950 on: 07 October 2014, 18:14 »
On Sunday had a 6 hour round trip after a night shift, to pick up a milltek catback from gtiade, top bloke, who also sold me a focal speaker set up and threw in some gti mats, very happy with the milltek just waiting for a decent day to give the speakers a go at putting them in.
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1951 on: 07 October 2014, 21:20 »
On Sunday had a 6 hour round trip after a night shift, to pick up a milltek catback from gtiade, top bloke, who also sold me a focal speaker set up and threw in some gti mats, very happy with the milltek just waiting for a decent day to give the speakers a go at putting them in.

how much you get the focal for.....Ive wanted them for some time now.

What Milltek did you end up getting?
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1952 on: 07 October 2014, 21:45 »
Got the non resonated cat back, paid 50 for the focal :whistle:, have you heard the focal set up? Any good?
Speaking to Ben at Crosshills about your motor last week.
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1953 on: 08 October 2014, 08:16 »
Had a reminder that it's due a service next month. It will be 5 in January, so needs a cam belt too. It's only done 10,000 miles since the last one 2 years ago, and 36,000 miles in total so I'm not sure what I can get away with.

According to VW's fixed price servicing a minor service is £150 and major one, £300. From what I can see, the only difference between the two is and later includes a fuel filter, a pollen filter and they check more things. Now I do regular inspections and fault code scans, so I'm thinking that a minor service plus the two filters should suffice, considering that if the cam belt is been done too, belts and tensioners will be checked as part of that job. Both services use Longlife oil as that is standard practice for cars with DPFs.

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1954 on: 08 October 2014, 08:44 »
Got the non resonated cat back, paid 50 for the focal :whistle:, have you heard the focal set up? Any good?
Speaking to Ben at Crosshills about your motor last week.

£50?...Ill give you £80 for them  :laugh:

And what was Ben saying......?
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1955 on: 08 October 2014, 12:37 »
He said it was pretty fast reckons it's quicker than the mk7 R.
Do you know when the next revo sale will be on and where did you get yours remapped? Statlers?

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1956 on: 08 October 2014, 15:09 »
He said it was pretty fast reckons it's quicker than the mk7 R.
Do you know when the next revo sale will be on and where did you get yours remapped? Statlers?

Ha ha ha, no it wont be quicker than the R, the R is an animal.

But yeah got mine mapped at Stattlers. REVO have two sales a year, Christmas and summer. Usually start around 10th December I think.

Offline Daz_G6R

• Not said much yet
  • VW Racing
« Reply #1957 on: 08 October 2014, 21:34 »
Fitted this engine cover over the weekend, as after fitting my VWR intake, the original cover will not fit, tired of engine components so the only direct cover that will fit is this one, after a call to Audi, voilà! :) plans already underway for paint scheme to "rid the rings ha!" A bit hybrid. ;)

Revo Stage 1

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #1958 on: 09 October 2014, 20:32 »
Collected the Yeti chrome tail pipes,

ordered a Lupo GT front grill badge ( cheers for the part number P3asa ) and Rear GT badge

oh and thought I best find out how to open the bonnet and check the oil before its run south  tomorrow. !

:cool:

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #1959 on: 10 October 2014, 11:05 »
DazG6R, where did you get your car mapped? I see you are just down the road  :smiley:
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!