Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654495 times)

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1840 on: 04 September 2014, 08:54 »
If you are going to be changing your oil that often, I'd invest in an oil extractor.

sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilder.asp?gotonode=ViewProduct&method=mViewProduct&productid=8516&productdescription=&productcode=&category=2&catgroup=258&catmicrogroup=1491&analysiscode=&requiredresults=16

Whats the benefits over draining from sump plug? apart from loosening me of £85?  :grin:

MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #1841 on: 04 September 2014, 14:13 »
Updated the firmware on my RNS510 (1st of 3) ahead of installing v11 maps  :cool:

Took around 60 minutes but worked a treat and will do part 2 tongiht hopefully

Offline JDM82

• Here all the time
« Reply #1842 on: 06 September 2014, 18:33 »
Been a busy day.

Removed my 17" monzas and replaced them with 18" aspiri RS1. Fitted the led number plate units. No errors came up  :smiley:

Refitted rear number plate as I'd fitted it wonky the other day. Domed gel plate looks great.

Ordered some new genuine golf R led rear lights :grin: mega excited about them.

Took pics but don't know how to load on iPad.

Need to lower car now to suit wheels, at the moment it's looking more like a toureg than a golf.
GOLF GTi - The legendary hot hatch

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #1843 on: 06 September 2014, 21:04 »
Had the 4th service and aircon service. Not looking forward to the next Mot in 7 months Mot, cambelt, water pump, brake fluid, and 4x 225/40/18 tyres. Quoted £972! That excludes the Mot so will be over a grand. Not done any discs or pads either from new 74.5k miles. Shocks? New car?
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1844 on: 06 September 2014, 21:45 »
Given a good clean and waxes applied for my wax test:
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=269880.msg2475469#msg2475469

Also checked if my gti mats had arrived at the dealers yet but still on factory back order  :sad:

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #1845 on: 06 September 2014, 22:06 »
Updated the firmware on my RNS510 (1st of 3) ahead of installing v11 maps  :cool:

Took around 60 minutes but worked a treat and will do part 2 tongiht hopefully

Firmware upgrade done and v11 Maps now installed. Just need to work out how to get the speed cameras back on the POIs  :huh:

Offline jonathan_phang

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1846 on: 07 September 2014, 10:34 »
I got some guys from OEMretrofits.co.uk to fit the latest official VW Bluetooth unit into my GTD. They are based in Bradford but come down the M1 corridor every couple of weeks to save you going up. The guys were friendly, took good care with the trims etc and did a good job.

Used to have a Bury unit that was in the car when I bought it, and I also had a separate BT A2DP receiver for music through the aux slot. Great to have it all integrated now. The call quality is great and its nice not to have to remember to charge the A2DP receiver anymore!

Just need to sort out some updated firmware to get AVRCP (Track names and skipping) working on my 510 and then it will be perfect. Good dry run too, as I want to get front/rear sensors fitted - the full OPS version - and they are pretty decent on the price vs Hazzydays etc.

JP
Candy White MK6 Golf GTD | DSG | Heated Leather | RNS 510

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1847 on: 07 September 2014, 12:52 »
Been a busy day.

Removed my 17" monzas and replaced them with 18" aspiri RS1. Fitted the led number plate units. No errors came up  :smiley:

Refitted rear number plate as I'd fitted it wonky the other day. Domed gel plate looks great.

Ordered some new genuine golf R led rear lights :grin: mega excited about them.

Took pics but don't know how to load on iPad.

Need to lower car now to suit wheels, at the moment it's looking more like a toureg than a golf.

Any luck with your pics yet?   Like to see the new number plate and wheels.  Just noticed my rear number plate has a small split at the bottom.  No big deal but if it deteriorates might be an excuse to get something different.

If you're posting from an ipad you still need to do it via a host such as photobucket (copy and paste IMG code) or Flickr (copy and paste BCC code).  Some of the photo hosting ipad apps are crap for forum use, only good for Facebook and the like.

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1848 on: 07 September 2014, 15:49 »
Fitted the Lockwood sill protectors.  They are a good quality product and look  :cool:

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline JDM82

• Here all the time
« Reply #1849 on: 07 September 2014, 16:02 »
The Lockwood sills look great. After my led rear lights are fitted there my next addition.
« Last Edit: 07 September 2014, 16:04 by JDM82 »
GOLF GTi - The legendary hot hatch