Author Topic: ErWin - has anyone used it, advice please  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Ashtons99

• Not said much yet
ErWin - has anyone used it, advice please
« on: 12 September 2021, 21:35 »
I’ve done a search on here but can’t find much about it.

It seems to be a useful database to check service history, recalls, build info etc but I’m struggling to understand how to get onto it.

I’ve registered and I think there is a payment requirement to access data, you pay more the longer you want access.

Has anyone used it and walk through how it works, what you get for what you pay etc

Offline BillSan

• Here all the time
Re: ErWin - has anyone used it, advice please
« Reply #1 on: 20 September 2021, 13:29 »
I tried you use it when Andrew Chapple showed it in one of his latest YouTube clips. 

I registered, but gave up when I found out you have to pay.   :rolleyes:
Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 20 September 2021, 15:38 »
I tried you use it when Andrew Chapple showed it in one of his latest YouTube clips. 

I registered, but gave up when I found out you have to pay.   :rolleyes:

Me too, came across from AC as you could do a few things without having to pay. Never mind.

Buy a days pass and go crazy downloading everything you can regarding your car!!

Although if its the workshop manual your after, ive posted a link to that - search for "MK 7 workshop manual"
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2021, 21:57 »
I use it daily. Is there something specific you wanted to look up?

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 23 September 2021, 22:55 »

Would it tell you within the servicing records if a VAQ diff had been serviced??

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #5 on: 24 September 2021, 21:57 »

Would it tell you within the servicing records if a VAQ diff had been serviced??

unfortunately only main dealers can access that level of info. Independant repairers can only view service history for work they have carried out themselves

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 25 September 2021, 21:13 »
unfortunately only main dealers can access that level of info. Independant repairers can only view service history for work they have carried out themselves

Thanks.
Been down trying to get that info out of the dealer, given up and bought the fluid myself to do it.

Can't determine if a pump relearn is strictly necessary after changing the fluid and cleaning the pump screen in which case I need VCDS.

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 28 September 2021, 17:26 »

Thanks.
Been down trying to get that info out of the dealer, given up and bought the fluid myself to do it.

Can't determine if a pump relearn is strictly necessary after changing the fluid and cleaning the pump screen in which case I need VCDS.
[/quote]
Had the same problem with dealers. Not at all helpful with service or repair history. Lack of a detailed service book is a real pain. 'My VW' only lists that something has been completed so not helpful either.
There are various views on pump relearn some say yes, others no. Why not ask a main dealer 🤣
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.