Author Topic: Taxi driver decides to do a u turn  (Read 3474 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Taxi driver decides to do a u turn
« Reply #20 on: 27 September 2021, 12:44 »
I've got HK and a spare.... I don't think its bundled. Never really questioned it as my car was dealer stock.

I'm starting to like HK a bit more than I did now too. I've messed with it a lot to get it setup to where I am happy now and also through a process of experimenting, understand the "mood" buttons now.

If only VW had bothered to supply some documentation I'd have got here much quicker...

It is annoying though that I find you do have to use the mood buttons between different types of audio and also that the "surround" feature makes everything sound very weird, so have that slider in the off position.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 28 September 2021, 22:49 »
I have HK and to my surprise and disappointment, didn't get a spare wheel. Not ideal.
Mk7.5 GTI DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline Woeisme

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 29 September 2021, 00:03 »
Yes im going to ask if i can have the wheel.
I do have a space saver spare, it fits perfectly
I would have thought it’s yours regardless of it being replaced by a new one in the insurance claim?

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 29 September 2021, 06:23 »
Yes im going to ask if i can have the wheel.
I do have a space saver spare, it fits perfectly
I would have thought it’s yours regardless of it being replaced by a new one in the insurance claim?

In reality, there may not be an issue in @valentino keeping the damaged alloy if they ask for it back, but technically I think it belongs to the insurance company if they’ve replaced it with a new one as part of the repairs under a claim - I dare say insurance companies have an arrangement to sell salvaged vehicles and salvaged parts within the trade to help offset the cost of claim repairs.

When a car’s repaired under an insurance claim, the objective of the insurance company is to put the policyholder back in the same position after completion of the repairs as they were in before the damage occurred. If a damaged alloy is replaced with a new one but the owner keeps the original damaged one, then they’ve ended up in a better position as they now have five alloys when they originally had four.

Certainly no harm in asking for for it back though :smiley:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline valentino

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 29 September 2021, 10:23 »
Did ask about keeping the damaged one. Was told that it will actually belong to the insurance company. Also even if it is only cosmetic, there may be underlying damage which cannot be seen, and if it were to cause an accident, then they would be liable. So its a no.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 29 September 2021, 11:50 »
Did ask about keeping the damaged one. Was told that it will actually belong to the insurance company. Also even if it is only cosmetic, there may be underlying damage which cannot be seen, and if it were to cause an accident, then they would be liable. So its a no.

That’s what I thought would be the response.

Good luck with the repairs. If you’re able to, I recommend you take someone impartial with you when you collect your car after it’s been repaired. They can provide an unbiased view on quality of the repairs - e.g. accuracy of matching the colour, shade and finish of new paint to the original factory paint, size and evenness of panel gaps adjacent to repaired/repainted panels, any unwanted paint overspray on door seals, trim and glass etc. An impartial person with no emotional attachment to your car may spot things that you possibly won’t.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline valentino

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 29 September 2021, 12:18 »
Thanks, will do

Offline _andy

• Just got here
« Reply #27 on: 29 September 2021, 16:49 »
I feel your pain, a truck merged into mine...

MK8 GTI Manual

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 29 September 2021, 18:54 »
Oh dear, the insurance premiums on Golf 8 GTI’s will be skyrocketing at this rate
Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

Offline valentino

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 30 September 2021, 08:35 »
Andy, i feel your pain too. If it was clearly the the lorry drivers fault, get your estimate from the VW bodyshop associated with the dealer you bought it from. Dont put it through your own insurance, ask about VW assist and ax claims company, who will do all the work on your behalf. Hope that helps