Author Topic: Deep Black Pearl & Estorils - show me yours!  (Read 2289 times)

Offline BanksyGTI

• Not said much yet
Re: Deep Black Pearl & Estorils - show me yours!
« Reply #10 on: 29 September 2021, 22:39 »
Thanks for the comments (and pictures) all.

Some very sound advice here.

The all-black wheels do look very cool but it isn’t quite the look I’m going for (I like the ‘speak quietly but carry a big stick’ approach). For me it has to be the genuine wheels as well because I’m a bit of an OEM+ freak. I did consider a set of Racingline R360’s like those that Andrew (Volkswizard) fitted to his CS but the total bill would be about £2800 inc some Michelin PS4S tyres!… at that price the £800 Estorils from VW look very good value I think.

As people have pointed out, diamond cut wheels are a more high maintenance option. Personally, I’ve always had good experience with diamond cut VW wheels but I always wash them with soft shampoo and don’t allow road salt to linger for long. I also have kerb phobia which helps  :grin:

The whole car will be getting ceramic coated with PPF in more critical areas… so I’m hoping that black will be relatively kind to me.
Does anybody else have experience with coating a DBP mk8?

Regards
Tom

Offline DB99

• Not said much yet
Re: Deep Black Pearl & Estorils - show me yours!
« Reply #11 on: 02 October 2021, 11:45 »
Sorry, not the diamond cut estorils but sharing in any event because this looks great, although perhaps too much black on black for many!