Author Topic: Clubsport order thread  (Read 108354 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Clubsport order thread
« Reply #180 on: 15 October 2021, 17:19 »
I faced a similar situation way back in 2011 - my new car’s build was delayed and it looked as if I was going to incur the cost of a service, MOT and cam belt change on my part exchange. If my new car had arrived on time, those costs would have been picked up by the dealer or next owner.

The dealer agreed to contribute 50% of the cost of service and MOT and 100% of the cost of the cam belt change. AFAIK the dealership bore the cost, not VW.

If you speak to VWCS, I dare say they’ll merely direct you back to your dealership, so in your position I’d push your dealer for a worthwhile contribution towards the cost.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Vinyl_Addict

• Not said much yet
« Reply #181 on: 20 October 2021, 15:48 »
First post but have been monitoring this post for a bit, I was given a BW week 48 for my Standard CS got the dreaded call last week pushed back to week 8 2022 ordered beginning of June, my dealer said that was actually one of his better rescheduled dates.  :laugh:

My dad ordered a T-Roc mid July and from last update his is in production this week , but the dealer has said they have stopped taking orders on them.

Feels like they are prioritising the CS45 with all the pushbacks on CS orders.
Ordered June 2021: MK8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue

Offline Korszun

• Not said much yet
« Reply #182 on: 20 October 2021, 16:16 »
Feels like they are prioritising the CS45 with all the pushbacks on CS orders.

I had this thought too, I have also been monitoring the CS45 thread and anecdotally it seems there are more cars arriving with their owners.  Probably VW making an effort to stop it becoming known as the Edition 46  :grin:  Even worse news for us standard CS customers though.

Offline carbon337

• Not said much yet
« Reply #183 on: 20 October 2021, 16:30 »
I have noticed some used prices falling though, 17 on AT today with cheapest now at 33k. None have any options other than colours.

Ordered 12/06/21 Build scheduled for wk46>wk52>wk10>wk25: MK8 GTI Clubsport in Standard White, DCC, Winter Pack, Standard Wheels

Offline Korszun

• Not said much yet
« Reply #184 on: 20 October 2021, 16:40 »
So I guess dealer stock is coming through.  Still doesn't help me, I ordered in Feb and my estimated BW is currently 5 after being pushed back four times.  I have had to buy a runabout to cover the gap as I can't extend my current lease beyond mid December.

Still, tentatively better news I guess.

Offline carbon337

• Not said much yet
« Reply #185 on: 20 October 2021, 16:41 »
I was tempted to ditch my deal and get that cheap one instead. Make do with no DCC and heated seats. Ditch the PCP and get a HP instead.
Ordered 12/06/21 Build scheduled for wk46>wk52>wk10>wk25: MK8 GTI Clubsport in Standard White, DCC, Winter Pack, Standard Wheels

Offline Korszun

• Not said much yet
« Reply #186 on: 20 October 2021, 16:43 »
Good option I guess, I want the car I ordered though.  Personally I will save money while I have the runablout so I can afford to put more into the PCP upfront, that's the only silver lining for me.

Offline Jonny2021

• Not said much yet
« Reply #187 on: 22 October 2021, 09:59 »
I've recently placed a new order for a Mk8, moonstone grey, Adelaid 19's, winter pack and reverse camera.
Dealers, Beadles, have said that the 'build progress tracker app' isn't currently working so thank you for the deposit, but for now its just a waiting game and they'll be in touch !

They've shared nothing other than a very basic offer document but taken the deposit (no receipt or acknowledgement received from them for that) ... anyhow, my questions is: how is it that this thread sees others aware of their build weeks yet Beadles say to me the build week tracker system isn't working - are they giving me duff information to fob me off because maybe in reality the car won't materialise well into 2022 and they just wanted to get an order on the books for their budget numbers ? (or am i overthinking)

Why would they do that you might ask... well, I currently have a Mk7.5 on zero % PCP and I was tempted to sell that car as the residual value was sky high with the likes of Motorway/webuyanycar/Kazoo.
I requested a settlement figure and like magic VW calls (i'm sure they get a flag when an existing customer requests a settlement figure) and they asked me if I'd be interested in a new deal for a new model car .... which I agreed to hence placing the order. So in theory they've succeeded in keeping me as a customer but just by dangling a carrot.

Great forum by the way.... will be checking back on various threads in the future.

Offline JRR1988

• Not said much yet
« Reply #188 on: 22 October 2021, 12:28 »
I've recently placed a new order for a Mk8, moonstone grey, Adelaid 19's, winter pack and reverse camera.
Dealers, Beadles, have said that the 'build progress tracker app' isn't currently working so thank you for the deposit, but for now its just a waiting game and they'll be in touch !

They've shared nothing other than a very basic offer document but taken the deposit (no receipt or acknowledgement received from them for that) ... anyhow, my questions is: how is it that this thread sees others aware of their build weeks yet Beadles say to me the build week tracker system isn't working - are they giving me duff information to fob me off because maybe in reality the car won't materialise well into 2022 and they just wanted to get an order on the books for their budget numbers ? (or am i overthinking)

Why would they do that you might ask... well, I currently have a Mk7.5 on zero % PCP and I was tempted to sell that car as the residual value was sky high with the likes of Motorway/webuyanycar/Kazoo.
I requested a settlement figure and like magic VW calls (i'm sure they get a flag when an existing customer requests a settlement figure) and they asked me if I'd be interested in a new deal for a new model car .... which I agreed to hence placing the order. So in theory they've succeeded in keeping me as a customer but just by dangling a carrot.

Great forum by the way.... will be checking back on various threads in the future.

I think what they’re telling you is correct. The tracker system has been down for the last 2-3 weeks. My dealer has literally no idea where my car is, it was supposedly due to be built on BW 35 and delivered to the dealer in the first week in November but the dealer doesn’t even know if it’s been built. FYI I ordered on the first week of January, almost the same spec as you so be prepared to wait.

In terms of your settlement, I’d probably try and settle and sell privately if you can for good money. You may need to buy a runabout to do you until your MK8 arrives if you don’t have a 2nd car. Also be aware that all car are at high values just now so you may have to pay over the odds for your runabout.

Also the market is softening off now so we should start to see prices dropping.
Current and going imminently - MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack, DSG, Black

CANCELED - MK8 GTI Clubsport, Reflex Silver, 19” Adelaide Wheels, Winter Pack

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #189 on: 22 October 2021, 13:24 »

maybe in reality the car won't materialise well into 2022

It almost certainly will be well into 2022.

If you have only just ordered...

Several dealers are quoting 40+ weeks for Mk8's at the moment, highest I've seen is 54 weeks!

So I'd not bother wondering about exactly when just yet.

Anyone with a tin foil hat might start thinking VW took down the tracker so they didn't scare orders off...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC