Author Topic: Clubsport 45 reviews  (Read 6308 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Clubsport 45 reviews
« Reply #20 on: 24 June 2021, 22:02 »
I agree with most of Andrew’s sentiment in that video but I’m also not a fan of his wheel choice. I can’t believe he thinks it’s a good idea to spend 3k on those rims.

I'm with you. I still don't think they're in keeping with the Golf GTi heritage, despite what he says and the pics he showed on screen. They look like they're off a top spec Ford Focus  :tongue:
7.5 GTD

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 24 June 2021, 23:22 »
I agree with most of Andrew’s sentiment in that video but I’m also not a fan of his wheel choice. I can’t believe he thinks it’s a good idea to spend 3k on those rims.

I wonder how much the ED45 seat covers would cost...I had my driver's side one replaced on my mk7.5 GTI as it was starting to fray with only 18k km. It was done under warranty so I don't know how much that would have cost.

Would anyone be tempted to replace the cheap looking door cards for alcantara ones or just have them reupholstered?

I'm with you. I still don't think they're in keeping with the Golf GTi heritage, despite what he says and the pics he showed on screen. They look like they're off a top spec Ford Focus  :tongue:
Mk7.5 GTI DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 24 June 2021, 23:23 »
Will watch the video later but Andrew has been saying from the moment it was announced that he didn’t regret waiting for the CS45. Personally I would. I think the anniversary models feel that bit more special personally. There’s no doubt that a CS makes more sense but then wouldn’t a base gti make more sense? Or a Clio? Yes, I’m being flippant, apologies! Buying a car doesn’t make sense in general really. I wouldn’t have changed my R for a CS yet but when the 45 came along I wanted one. Ramblings over.
That’s what I thought, i can’t take him seriously considering he said spending £3000 on his new wheel & tire was a better choice than have standard ED45 and complaining about the red on the black ED 45 wheels.
I will get the ED45 for £2000+ extra than spend £3000 on Andrew tire and wheels

That is an odd statement you're right but the Adelaide upgrade with DCC would look like a cheap option in comparison
Exactly that will be a perfect option with some money left in you pocket
ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 25 June 2021, 13:26 »
Not just a terrible review of the CS45 but a terrible review of the CS. But then they give it 4 stars. Hmmm

https://www.evo.co.uk/volkswagen/golf-gti-clubsport/203967/volkswagen-golf-gti-clubsport-45-2021-review-stickers-and
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 25 June 2021, 14:04 »
Just read that review and I'm not sure what to make of it. Looks like operator error to me. Nearly every review of the standard CS gives glowing results of the drive and the 45 should be the same as it's basically the same car and as for the moaning about the user interface, while it may not be popular the world pretty much moved on from button phones to buttonless without this much whinging, I think once we get used to buttonless few would change back, either way the reviewer sounds like someone I'd avoid at a party, man he's on a downer.
GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 25 June 2021, 14:23 »
Just read that review and I'm not sure what to make of it. Looks like operator error to me. Nearly every review of the standard CS gives glowing results of the drive and the 45 should be the same as it's basically the same car and as for the moaning about the user interface, while it may not be popular the world pretty much moved on from button phones to buttonless without this much whinging, I think once we get used to buttonless few would change back, either way the reviewer sounds like someone I'd avoid at a party, man he's on a downer.

Totally agree. It’s the most contradictory review I think I’ve read. Terrible, terrible, terrible. Verdict: 4 stars. Lots of negatives about the CS with some of them just being down right odd. Eg. The car skates across the road surface because there’s no grip. Odd. 

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 25 June 2021, 18:09 »
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 25 June 2021, 18:28 »

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 25 June 2021, 18:31 »
https://youtu.be/rSy7g8nIkVQ

Thanks for popping this in the right thread!  :grin:

I put it on then saw yours.

There are loads popping up now.

https://youtu.be/-agUJZsUle4
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular