Author Topic: Thumbs up for the Mk8 GTI  (Read 1540 times)

Offline valentino

• GTI forum regular
Thumbs up for the Mk8 GTI
« on: 16 June 2021, 19:11 »
Had my Mk 8 GTI for about 3 weeks now. Had done a few local journeys (until today) . Was really a bit unsure about it having traded in my Mk 7.5. Initially found all the touchscreen stuff a bit frustrating. Today did a 200 mile round trip, and now i am so pleased that i did the trade in, sorted most of the infotainment centre stuff, and the car drive superbly, well pleased.

Offline theminty1

• Not said much yet
Re: Thumbs up for the Mk8 GTI
« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2021, 19:47 »
Good to hear some positivity  :smiley:

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 16 June 2021, 20:51 »
Glad you’re enjoying it. My brother has nothing but positive things to say about his and he’s a picky bugger.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2021, 22:25 »
Had my CS a whisker under 6 months now.
I was trying to think of something to write as a 6 month running report in the thread I started when I bought it but to be honest there’s nothing much to add.
A few software glitches on odd occasions but other than that it’s been great.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 16 June 2021, 23:13 »
Had my Mk 8 GTI for about 3 weeks now. Had done a few local journeys (until today) . Was really a bit unsure about it having traded in my Mk 7.5. Initially found all the touchscreen stuff a bit frustrating. Today did a 200 mile round trip, and now i am so pleased that i did the trade in, sorted most of the infotainment centre stuff, and the car drive superbly, well pleased.

Great to hear. Makes me even more excited to pick mine up in roughly 2 weeks!
Mk7.5 GTI DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline Woeisme

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 17 June 2021, 00:12 »
I’ve ordered the cs but have only driven the gti and it was brilliant. I’m coming from an old gs450h so of course they are different things but the light weight usability and most importantly I’d not driven a modern hot hatch that has the front vaq diff.. that thing is amazing. I couldn’t believe the traction I was getting, as soon as I was mid corner and then applied the throttle it was like there was an elastic band stuck to the front of the car pulling me out. Certainly different to all wheel drive cars which are of course brilliant but this just felt different to me.

Offline valentino

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 17 June 2021, 11:20 »
My wife hates the colour of the GTI--Moonstone Grey. The other nice thing that came out of yesterdays drive was, my ex work colleague who we were visiting, as soon as he saw the car said," :cool: :cool: :cool: that really looks stunning in that colour, along side the red detailing"---My wifes face was a picture!

Relishy57

« Reply #7 on: 17 June 2021, 21:43 »
Another thumbs up. I’ve had my Gti for a month now. Last week I drove from West Yorkshire down to Bournemouth and although not letting it off the leash just yet it was a fantastic car to drive. I did find the touchscreen a bit daunting at first after a Mark 7 GTI which I had for over 5 years and loved driving.There are a few ‘what’ moments when things happen that I was not expecting but I mostly find my way through them.
The seats seem to be much more comfortable for me.