Author Topic: Clubsport Reviews  (Read 48834 times)

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
Re: Clubsport Reviews
« Reply #390 on: 10 May 2021, 09:31 »
This will definitely be a 'Sleeper', also I would imagine second hand values will fall harder so more of a bargain?

I'm sure it definitely won't hold money as well as a Golf but a CS with similar spec would be £2k list more to start. Although I'm sure there could be some haggling done!

:cool:

MK7 GTi

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #391 on: 10 May 2021, 23:25 »
The Leon isn't really sure what it wants to be. Looks like a focus with a bit of i30n from the front, the side shot just looks wrong and the rear could be a Mazda 3 with a hint of Vauxhall too 🤢🤢
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #392 on: 11 May 2021, 09:48 »
The Leon isn't really sure what it wants to be. Looks like a focus with a bit of i30n from the front, the side shot just looks wrong and the rear could be a Mazda 3 with a hint of Vauxhall too 🤢🤢

The new Leon seems to have lost it's visual appeal a bit. The previous model was a good looking car, especially the ST.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #393 on: 11 May 2021, 10:33 »
Hard to say whether the Cupra is financially a better deal.

The list price is lower, the residuals are lower too.... the kicker will be what discounts are available and what the PCP interest rate is.

When I looked at SEAT and Skoda in the past, they actually worked out more expensive than VW for those two reasons.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #394 on: 11 May 2021, 10:43 »
Hard to say whether the Cupra is financially a better deal.

The list price is lower, the residuals are lower too.... the kicker will be what discounts are available and what the PCP interest rate is.

When I looked at SEAT and Skoda in the past, they actually worked out more expensive than VW for those two reasons.

Whenever I've looked at Seat, their dealers generally think you're getting a good deal if you  pay list and the chuck in nats and a full tank of fuel! It's the accessible discounts with VW that generally makes them cheaper to own, and the fact that Seats have Ford-llike depreciation.

Seats and Skodas look good financially to those initiated that think you have to pay list price for a car.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #395 on: 11 May 2021, 10:59 »
Yes and the higher interest rates are probably to do with customer demographics too...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #396 on: 11 May 2021, 11:52 »
Maybe it's a regional thing? I've never had any trouble getting a decent discount off a Skoda or a SEAT. Maybe not a DTD sized discount, but no less generous than the local VW dealer.

Interest rates play a part for sure, as do residual values. But right now Skoda's PCP rate for the Octavia is half a percent lower than VW's rate for the Golf.

If you're worried about residual values, then have a look at PCH instead. Both the Leon and the Octavia have been cheaper to lease historically than a Golf if you're happy with the standard spec.
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #397 on: 11 May 2021, 11:55 »
TBH these days with a SEAT/Cupra they don't do options really, its just colour and automation package selection.

I suspect finding a 300 with the XL package would be easy as stock.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #398 on: 13 May 2021, 10:07 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7PtsxgBlxI

Carfection Review and in summary at 13.58 he states that think the TCR is still the better care, for the keeping of switches and buttons and surprisingly to me given all read on MK8 GTi, the steering.

Obviously slightly biased as have a TCR but this review really says if have a TCR the MK 8 CS is not going to be worth the change, but if have a GTI then it's definitely one to look at.

switches and buttons aside, really like the MK 8 CS and one of the few it seems that likes the 45 and if in the market now would be looking at one over the R and reason say that, is now that lived with TCR for 20 months, enjoying the drive much more than ever did in my R, you feel no less secure, but its simply more agile and engaging.
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #399 on: 15 May 2021, 06:31 »
https://youtu.be/pQdZJNrumkY

Aside from the wheels and the arch spats I actually agreed with almost everything there for once.
Like Mr Chapple’s mine is daily driver on a 4 year PCP too, my first ever delve into the finance trap, but I’m really not bothered about trying a Clubby in any other spec personally. The chassis is so well set up sans DCC that no matter whether I’m dawdling or pushing on a bit I find every corner a real pleasure which still seems a bit alien to me after many years of GTI’s which felt safe and competent but a little inert. I’m not sure the engine feels like it has much more than 300 PS myself, unlike the R which is proven to have way more than 320, but it does have a really good character for a standard production car, with strong torque from down low then a real  revvy character when you push past 4000 rpm. It still feels a quick car even if you never go over 4000 rpm though. Bear in mind I’ve had quite a few remapped cars so I’m quite particular about power delivery yet this unit feels fine as standard.
I really must have a play with Sport ESC to see if it livens the chassis up even more. 

Interior wise I agree 100% with Andrew. Mine hasn’t (touch wood) had too many issues with parking sensors yet but the audio unit is glitchy to the extent of every ignition cycle I’m wondering what gremlin will rear its head.
The random warning bongs reduced significantly in mine after a few weeks, almost like all the sensors were bedding in when new. Things do randomly reset from time to time still which is really annoying.

Huge fun as a drivers car yet still nice to pootle along slowly in.
Wonderful dynamics, temperamental electronics, looks that grow on you.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner