Author Topic: Clubsport Reviews  (Read 48865 times)

Offline Prospective

• Not said much yet
Re: Clubsport Reviews
« Reply #200 on: 07 February 2021, 14:13 »
Hi
anyone else seen the Hockenhiem lap between a clubsport 8 and Civic type R?

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #201 on: 08 February 2021, 10:58 »
The offset is lower on those Pretoria too - not sure it it might cause issues catching

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #202 on: 08 February 2021, 11:34 »
The offset is lower on those Pretoria too - not sure it it might cause issues catching

Think Andrew in his video said they sit 6mm further out but don't think there would be any issues unless you slam the car down on some low springs.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #203 on: 08 February 2021, 12:25 »

No it won’t cause issues. I run ET45 and they’re fine and only 1mm difference.
I ran ET41 on my mk7 and they had plenty of room too (which is basically the same car).
In about a months time those same Pretorias will no doubt be sitting on a mk8 Clubsport so we will all know!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline CSS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #204 on: 08 February 2021, 17:53 »

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #205 on: 09 February 2021, 08:11 »

No it won’t cause issues. I run ET45 and they’re fine and only 1mm difference.
I ran ET41 on my mk7 and they had plenty of room too (which is basically the same car).
In about a months time those same Pretorias will no doubt be sitting on a mk8 Clubsport so we will all know!

Good to know. I’d heard the front arches were looking tight on the 8. Looking at the wrapped racechip car from another thread, the wheels they have are 8.5x19 with 45 offset (I think!) so mUst be more room to play with

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #206 on: 13 February 2021, 07:50 »
Couldn’t remember if this had been posted. Pistonheads review.

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-driven/2021-vw-golf-gti-clubsport-uk-review/43754
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #207 on: 13 February 2021, 11:25 »

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-driven/2021-vw-golf-gti-clubsport-uk-review/43754

Did they actually drive that car? It reads like an essay put together from snippets of the press pack. The car looks like a launch base spec with 18’s that VW Press fleet have added some Adelaides to rather than an actual £42k car and their take on Clubsport DCC vs non-DCC doesn’t add up at all especially around the way they describe ‘Ring mode.
Got car delivered, weather was a bit snowy, gingerly drove to some photo locations, went back in the warm to write some ‘facts’? 
Or didn’t I read it properly? I’ve only had a couple hours sleep so maybe it’s my foggy brain.
I appreciate it’s hard to fully sum up a car in a short passage but that review was as bland as a detailing thread.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #208 on: 13 February 2021, 12:25 »

Did they actually drive that car? It reads like an essay put together from snippets of the press pack. The car looks like a launch base spec with 18’s that VW Press fleet have added some Adelaides to rather than an actual £42k car and their take on Clubsport DCC vs non-DCC doesn’t add up at all especially around the way they describe ‘Ring mode.
Got car delivered, weather was a bit snowy, gingerly drove to some photo locations, went back in the warm to write some ‘facts’? 
Or didn’t I read it properly? I’ve only had a couple hours sleep so maybe it’s my foggy brain.
I appreciate it’s hard to fully sum up a car in a short passage but that review was as bland as a detailing thread.

Apparently the photos aren’t of the car they tested. Something is a bit odd there though. Does feel a bit clipped together.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #209 on: 13 February 2021, 12:43 »
It’s pretty generic stuff, isn’t it? Could’ve been any modern hot hatch he was talking about- “ steering not much feel, auto box good but I wish it was more involving etc etc “

Generally seems to be some enthusiasm for the clubsport over the base GTi though
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.