Author Topic: Clubsport Reviews  (Read 48848 times)

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
Re: Clubsport Reviews
« Reply #190 on: 06 February 2021, 15:48 »
Peter Cooper hedge end have stuck their Clubsport on brescia’s aswell to join in with the trend lol

I almost asked for another test drive to see what it rode like on 18” standard spring setup from factory but on 19”s

Black standard R in aswell which looked quite tasty

I really don’t like the look of the R at all this time. Another CS in Brescias says it all!

It’s weird, I don’t like it in that photo, but in the flesh it’s a lot sharper but remains subtle overall. I don’t think black is the best colour for it.

I’m really really torn atm. Very tempted to grab a 32k ish  standard spec Clubsport in white or the lighter grey off autotrader and stick on my black Pretoria’s. They are at a good discount atm. But on the other hand I’d want DCC and the misses insists on heated seats which means a long wait factory order
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #191 on: 06 February 2021, 22:05 »
happy misses happy life  :grin: :whistle:
My two cents, remember you can not add heated seat or DCC later. so, be patient keep looking  :nerd:
ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #192 on: 07 February 2021, 10:18 »
Im quite taken by the CS, I just hope that VW will bring some more wheel choices to it in the next 12 months for when I think about changing my 7.5

This looks fantastic. Been waiting to see a Mk8 with some Prets.

For anyone interested, Volkswizard has just done a video fitting some T-Roc Prets in dark grey to his Mk7.5 R and they are a lot cheaper brand new than the Golf ones! £1400 for a set.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-genuine-19-Pretoria-Dark-Graphite-Matt-Light-Alloy-Wheel/363110894180?hash=item548b188a64:g:rGkAAOSw-R9f8xoJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uuYSp0tLkU
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #193 on: 07 February 2021, 10:20 »
Aren't the golf ones forged and the others cast? Weight will be the difference...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #194 on: 07 February 2021, 10:59 »
Yes, they aren't forged. Which Andrew points out might make them better at no cracking/buckling. Don't think the weight difference is that much? And there aren't any forged factory wheels are there so you aren't adding weight?
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #195 on: 07 February 2021, 11:52 »
Someone posted a link up for those ET44 Pretorias back before Christmas and I must admit I was sorely tempted myself. They’ve gone up a little in price since then.
I cheaped out in the end and went reps partly due to the state of my local roads and partly because I wanted something that wasn’t immediately obviously from a previous generation car due to the general rarity of the style (Reifnitz) to a casual observer (as opposed to the  :nerd: on here  :grin: )
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #196 on: 07 February 2021, 12:37 »
Yes, they aren't forged. Which Andrew points out might make them better at no cracking/buckling. Don't think the weight difference is that much? And there aren't any forged factory wheels are there so you aren't adding weight?

I thought going back to Mk7 days a lot of prets were getting buckled???
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #197 on: 07 February 2021, 12:45 »
I think that what Volkswizard was getting at is that the 'heavier' version of the Prets would potentially be more resistant to buckling as they're cast rather than flow formed like the proper Golf R version.

However I seem to recall a few examples of Santiago's buckling too, and that's also a 19 inch cast alloy. 🤷‍♂️
7.5 GTD

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #198 on: 07 February 2021, 12:48 »
I think that what Volkswizard was getting at is that the 'heavier' version of the Prets would potentially be more resistant to buckling as they're cast rather than flow formed like the proper Golf R version.

However I seem to recall a few examples of Santiago's buckling too, and that's also a 19 inch cast alloy. 🤷‍♂️

I love those Prets he bought but I’m not sure they work on his R. Possibly the colour.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #199 on: 07 February 2021, 13:04 »

I love those Prets he bought but I’m not sure they work on his R. Possibly the colour.

Yeah I get what you mean, although they are still a good upgrade on the Dijon's he had on before.

While I'm here, just remembered there was also a 19 inch Cadiz for the R that I recall a few people having problems with them breaking. 🤔
7.5 GTD