Author Topic: Clubsport Reviews  (Read 49929 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Clubsport Reviews
« Reply #180 on: 04 February 2021, 21:39 »
So that confirms that as well, it's just stickers and an expensive exhaust  :laugh:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #181 on: 04 February 2021, 22:35 »
So that confirms that as well, it's just stickers and an expensive exhaust  :laugh:

And a nice key ring 👍
7.5 GTD

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #182 on: 05 February 2021, 04:18 »
Yes! Does look like this more or less! I don't think we will be getting the ultra desirable Recaro wingback seats...Alcantara steering wheel...red trimmed seat belts etc etc that Volkswagen let us have on the Edition 40 ☹☹👎

I also don't think there will be any extra chassis revisions over the standard Mk8 Clubsport...

And, it doesn't seem the Edition 45 GTI will be a limited production model like the Edition 40 GTI.. 

Sorry Volkswagen, you have lost the plot here....hard for me to say this as I'm an exceedingly loyal Golf driver  :sad:
« Last Edit: 05 February 2021, 04:50 by VW_Golf_nut »

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #183 on: 05 February 2021, 09:29 »
From all of the other thread, the ED45 pack is:

different wheels (possibly red spokes)
akra exhaust
some undetermined cosmetic stuff (probably stickers)

Its about 3000 euros/pounds/roubles

and then on top you can order an ED45+ pack which add cup2 tyres

which brings it to ~5000 euros/punts/zimbabwe dollars
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #184 on: 05 February 2021, 15:45 »

It seems that the vehicles speced with the 19" wheels from factory have the different spring rate, hence why fitting a 19" wheel to a vehicle that was fitted with 18" wheels from factory may cause issues.

The other aspect he did stress is to get the full advantage of the Mk8 handling improvements, the Dynamic Chassis must be specced, a lot of development has gone into this with the VDM (Vehicle Dynamics Manager) and only when fitted with DCC, the VDM is fully active and helps agility.

That’s me buggered on all counts then  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #185 on: 05 February 2021, 17:58 »
Can’t understand a word they’re saying but you can see the CS on Estorils.

https://youtu.be/eef0Xq3Dgos
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #186 on: 06 February 2021, 14:20 »

Previously I’d have wanted to spec the all black Estorils but seeing that and a few other photos I think the polished versions look loads better.  :cool:

I think the two guys were discussing chicken soup btw.  :whistle:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #187 on: 06 February 2021, 14:23 »
Peter Cooper hedge end have stuck their Clubsport on brescia’s aswell to join in with the trend lol

I almost asked for another test drive to see what it rode like on 18” standard spring setup from factory but on 19”s

Black standard R in aswell which looked quite tasty

Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #188 on: 06 February 2021, 15:33 »
Peter Cooper hedge end have stuck their Clubsport on brescia’s aswell to join in with the trend lol

I almost asked for another test drive to see what it rode like on 18” standard spring setup from factory but on 19”s

Black standard R in aswell which looked quite tasty

I really don’t like the look of the R at all this time. Another CS in Brescias says it all!

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #189 on: 06 February 2021, 15:35 »

Previously I’d have wanted to spec the all black Estorils but seeing that and a few other photos I think the polished versions look loads better.  :cool:

I think the two guys were discussing chicken soup btw.  :whistle:

Agree Andy. I think the diamond cut Estorils look better. Think it’s that black alloy thing where they look smaller. Adelaides do look massive in comparison to Estorils though.