Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789019 times)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #1070 on: 03 March 2017, 22:16 »
Here's the adaptation channel for setting the fog lights (and the front DRL's) as Coming home lights.

Ignore the channel numbers as they seem to vary depending on the equipment fitted, just look for the German text under "Comfort-Illumination", and set the new value drop down to "Fog Light" - simple as that. (don't forget you will need the security access code as I posted earlier to unlock the module each time you go into it).

2013-10-10_171542 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

This didn't work for me the other day.

Do you think I'm missing something..?
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline UnSean

• Just got here
« Reply #1071 on: 05 March 2017, 18:51 »
Hi Guys
I have just replaced mk7 GTI with a PP version the dealer took delivery in June 2016 and I have just got it on a 17 plate, so MIB 2
Tried to code the full 4 rear brake lights and VCDS is showing it's accepted it but it is not working, had it working on my 64 plate.
I have reset the lights in CAR setup in the head unit still not working.
Any ideas would be great, thanks.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1072 on: 06 March 2017, 06:50 »
Hi Guys
I have just replaced mk7 GTI with a PP version the dealer took delivery in June 2016 and I have just got it on a 17 plate, so MIB 2
Tried to code the full 4 rear brake lights and VCDS is showing it's accepted it but it is not working, had it working on my 64 plate.
I have reset the lights in CAR setup in the head unit still not working.
Any ideas would be great, thanks.

I also couldn't get this to work and went through the same motions as you so would be very much interested to see if there is a solution.
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline UnSean

• Just got here
« Reply #1073 on: 12 March 2017, 18:32 »
here is the UK coding for 4 brake lights
Enabling the Extended brake lights on the Mk7 LED units

Two part, 1, enable the lights

09 (Central Electronics)
Security Access - 31347
Adaptation Channels

(8) - Leuchte27 NSL RC6  -Lichtfunktion C27" > "Brake light on", Set

2, turn up the power from 0 to 100%

(10) - Leuchte27 NSL RC6 - Dimming CD27" > "100", Set

This does both inner lights.

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #1074 on: 12 March 2017, 22:20 »
Remember some adaptations require you to reset the lights (or the relevant section) in the MIB before they will work.

Offline Ndola19

• Just got here
« Reply #1075 on: 11 July 2017, 19:55 »
 :smiley:
OK guys, in response to some asking for me to start a new thread (mods, please feel free to move if better positioned elsewhere), I'll kick the ball off with my VCDS thread.

Firstly, what is VCDS
VCDS is a software diagnosis package for VAG cars developed by a company called Ross Tech. The software was previously known as VAG-COM, but had to be changed for legal reasons. The software ONLY works with a compatible cable which plugs into the diagnostic port underneath the drivers side dash and enables fault code reading, coding and changes, service resets, tweaks, data logging etc, for all cars supported by your chosen Cable / Software package. It is basically a duplication of the dealers official VAS tablet hardware.

Cables and Software
Basically the genuine Ross Tech cable has a hardware dongle built into the diagnostic port end, that automatically licences the software installed on a Windows based laptop (sorry no mac yet). Currently 2 main cable types are available:
Micro-CAN and HEX-USB+CAN (the latter of which I have).
The difference between the 2 cables is that the former can only be used on cars which utilize the CAN networking system (so basically MK5 Golf onwards), where as the HEX-USB+CAN, also does the the CAN based cars but is also fully backwards compatible with older cars using a single K-line or K plus L

The latest official software from Ross Tech (which I am using) is Version 12.12.0, (non beta). It's only the Version 12 software sets (beta of otherwise), that have any sort of MK7 MQB support, although it's still in it's infancy, with a lot of modules not yet documented, but they are coming through slowly. VW changed the Networking protocols on the MK7 so the earlier versions of the software won't work with the MK7.

Be warned, whilst immensely useful, the cables packages are not cheap and start at a few hundred pounds. There are a few Chinese knock off's off Ebay but these are not recommended and are based around very old software and can't be guaranteed to work with the MK7. Cables can be purchased directly from Ross Tech in the States, or from their UK distributor - Gendan Limited (where mine came from a couple of years ago).

That's the basics out of the way, so I would suggest following posts only contain VCDS tweaks and modifications known to work.

Good luck.

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1076 on: 13 July 2017, 09:44 »
Here's the adaptation channel for setting the fog lights (and the front DRL's) as Coming home lights.

Ignore the channel numbers as they seem to vary depending on the equipment fitted, just look for the German text under "Comfort-Illumination", and set the new value drop down to "Fog Light" - simple as that. (don't forget you will need the security access code as I posted earlier to unlock the module each time you go into it).

2013-10-10_171542 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

This didn't work for me the other day.

Do you think I'm missing something..?

Here are all the adaptation channels to get CH working:
(1)-Comfort illumination-Coming Home Verbaustatus > manual
(2)-Comfort illumination-Menuesteuerung Coming Home Werkseinstellung > active (this channel puts a software switch onto the MENU)
(3)-Comfort illumination-Menueeinstellung Cominghome > 10 s (this channel sets the length of time that the lights stay switched-on after the last door is closed - including the hatch. There is also a facility in the MENU to set this time)
(4)-Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten   > Fog Light (this channel selects which light is used for CH)
(5)-Comfort illumination-Coming-home Einschaltereignis > Driver door (this channel selects which action is used to initiate CH)

NOTE: the bracketed number at the beginning of the channels was replaced by "Tags" (like IDE04926-ENG116604) in later versions of Ross-Tech software

So -a couple of things to try:
  • check that these channels are set properly
  • check in the MENU to confirm that the CH facility is activated
  • Make sure  that you flash the high-beam stalk before you open the driver door

Don
103TSI Highline ROW (my13)

Offline Ndola19

• Just got here
« Reply #1077 on: 23 July 2017, 09:24 »
Does anyone in the west London area have VCDS software etc. and the means to apply these tweaks to my car, for a fee of course

THANK YOU FOR THESE... :smiley:

Offline Ndola19

• Just got here
« Reply #1078 on: 23 July 2017, 09:27 »
Thanks

Another consolidation..... sadly I cannot paste the pics onto here ...  :sick:

MK7 tweaks :-
1. Amount of fuel (in Gallons) used since the last fill up
Select [17] Instruments
Long Coding - (Function 07)
Go to Byte 10
Enable bit 4

2. [09] Central Electronics Menus is password locked
Go into Function 16 (Permissions)
Enter the code 31347.

3. Disable Seatbelt Warning
Go to [17] Instruments
Adaptation Channels -> function 10
Select disable seatbelt warning (Gurtwarner deaktivieren)
change to "yes" (default: none)

4. Setting Fog as Coming/Leaving Home
Go to [09] Central Electronics
Go to Security Access and enter 31347
Look for the German text under "Comfort-Illumination"
Set the new value drop down to "Fog Light"

5. Display the battery charge level or SOC (state of Charge)
Enter [17] Instruments
Go to adaptation channels, (no need for a security log in with this module)
Scroll down until you see Battery Charge (it's condition on mine was set to "TBD") > simply change it in the new value drop down to "active" and it's done.

Usage
Switch the ignition off, then press (and continue to hold) the trip reset button in the middle lower of the instrument panel. It will cycle from first resetting the trip to 0 miles > show "Time" to allow you to change the clock > then keep holding until say "Battery".
Release the button and display SOC for a few seconds before returning back to the main screen.

6. Automatic rain closing
Go to [09] Central Electronics
Go to Secuity Access and enter 31347
Go to adaptation channels and set the following:
- (15) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_ein aus (Rain Closing on / off) - Select Active
- (16) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_art (Rain closing Type) set to Permanent
- (28) Access Control 2 - Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen (Menu Control Rain close) – Set  to Active (enables the menu in the ifotainment screen)

7. Alarm beep on lock / unlock
[09] Central Electronics
Adaptation channels, and you are looking for:
(1)-Acknowledgement Signals -Akustische Rueckmeldung entriegen (un-lock acoustic feedback)
(2)-Acknowledgement Signals -Akustische Rueckmeldung verriegeln (lock acoustic feedback)
Set one or both to on if you wish.
Then set the following to "on"

(7)-Acknowledgement Signals -Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung (Acoustic lock menu)
This enables a menu setting in the "car" settings, "Locking" menu of the infotainment screen to set alarm chirp on or off when locking /unlocking the car and have the option to switch it on or off from the head unit.

8. Gauge sweep
Go to [17] Instrument
Coding -> Function 10
Byte 1
Enable bit 0

9. Turn Signal adjustment
Go into [09] Central electronic
Go into Adaptation
Select (2) - Turn Signal Controls-Komfortblinken Blinkzykien
Type 5 in New Value (Default is 3) 

10. Puddle lights on while folding/unfolding
Go into [42] Door control module
Coding Byte 1, Bit 5 (untick).

11.  XDS Adaptation
Go into [03] ABS
Go into Adaptation & select “Expanded electronic differential lock” 
New value to select > “Standard”, “Not activated”, “Weak”, “Medium”, “Strong”

12. Headlight washer frequency
To extend the interval cycles that the headlight washers will activate to:- 
a) prevent the front of your clean car being sprayed, and
b) to reduce the amount of screen wash usage.

1. Go to [09] Central Electronics
2. STG access permissions -> Function 16
3. Enter access code 31347
4. Go to adaptation channels (Function 10)
5. Select channel 1 - Select "Number of operations front windsceen wiper washer per SRA activation" (in German - Frontscheibenwischer Anzahl Betätigungen Frontwaschanlage pro SRA Aktivierung auswählen)
6. Adjust value to preference (no of times you can operate the windscreen washer stalk before the headlight washer activate).
7. Select channel 3, and adjust the activate time for folding the switch to enable headlight washers in the first place.

Offline Ndola19

• Just got here
« Reply #1079 on: 23 July 2017, 10:33 »
Hi,

How long will the puddle lights stay luminated for?

Not tired this one myself (yet  :grin:), but got this from over on the German Forums. As you know when the mirrors are folded in, the puddle lights are switched off until they are fully retracted.

Using this option apparently enables then to illuminate even when closed and through the whole of the folding / un-folding process.

Might be useful for some.

Can be found in the Door control module [42], Byte 1, Bit 5 (untick).

Door control module2 by Sootchucker, on Flickr