Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1166199 times)

Offline Dunc245

• Not said much yet
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #2930 on: 07 June 2018, 21:31 »
You won't get any cables for media (i didn't anyway) as you only need a USB lead.

Check for;-

2 keys
Finance documents
Mats & flaps if you ordered them 
Fuel if you asked for it
Service pack if you ordered it
Check if service regime set correctly (longlife or time/distance)
All options ordered present and correct
Survey car inside and out for signs of damage / repairs
SD card for sat nav
Handbook / manual (service record is digital these days)
Breakdown cover
Registration docs if purchased or lease agreement for PCH.
Free keyring
Soft toy
Bunch of flowers

Thanks for the list. I hadn't realised the Nav map would be on an SD card. Android phone for me, so sounds like only a USB cable needed.
Can't wait..... :grin:
GTI PP 245; Atlantic Blue, Art Velours, Climate windscreen, KSS, genuine 18" Black Pretoria.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #2931 on: 07 June 2018, 22:20 »

Actually a USB cable should be provided - it does say so under the spec for all the Golf models in the price list.

Premium USB cable (choice of either Apple or Android smartphone compatibility)”

When he saw this he agreed and threw in both the android and Apple premium usb cables.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #2932 on: 08 June 2018, 00:00 »
Hmmm, I have the April 2017 price list and the premium cables aren't mentioned. However it does mention the underseat drawers (but curiously only under the passenger seat).  :huh:
7.5 GTD

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #2933 on: 08 June 2018, 16:29 »
Guzzle,

Here's a snipit of the Jan 2018 Golf price list with the relevant part highlighted. I've just checked the latest price list on line at VW, and it still says the same today. Not sure when it started though ?

2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #2934 on: 08 June 2018, 18:45 »
Yep, fair enough. Just downloaded the latest price list and can see they've added the premium cables now. As expected, the underseat drawers for SE spec and above have been deleted.

I just used the cables I already had, so glad I got the drawers instead personally. But if they've made the cables standard, may as well have 'em. :smiley:
7.5 GTD

Offline Dunc245

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2935 on: 08 June 2018, 23:04 »
THanks All, I'll ensure they include them.

Less than 12 hours to go now.....  :grin: :cool:
GTI PP 245; Atlantic Blue, Art Velours, Climate windscreen, KSS, genuine 18" Black Pretoria.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #2936 on: 09 June 2018, 09:36 »
Hope it all goes well Dunc  :cool:
7.5 GTD

Offline Dunc245

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2937 on: 09 June 2018, 13:41 »

Thanks - just stopped for lunch break, then back out to drive / fiddle. but....

Basically.....I'M IN LOVE!  :laugh:

SLight fly in that there's a couple of slight scratches, which they apologosed massively for and will fix asap, but otherwise..............IT'S AWESEOME.

By the way - should there be some kind of lid or blanking thing over the 12v socket by the park brake?

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #2938 on: 09 June 2018, 14:05 »

Thanks - just stopped for lunch break, then back out to drive / fiddle. but....

Basically.....I'M IN LOVE!  :laugh:

SLight fly in that there's a couple of slight scratches, which they apologosed massively for and will fix asap, but otherwise..............IT'S AWESEOME.

By the way - should there be some kind of lid or blanking thing over the 12v socket by the park brake?

Your 12v socket should have one of these in it;-

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-VOLKSWAGEN-SKODA-AUDI-12V-VOLT-CIGARETTE-LIGHTER-SOCKET-COVER-PLUG/153025215421?hash=item23a1037bbd:g:3jgAAOSwqWtalwhS

Although some members have swapped for this;-

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/299-Volkswagen-Seat-Skoda-Audi-12V-Power-Socket-Dummy-Cover-Aluminium-Finish/302132689794?epid=1561154431&hash=item465882fb82:g:njcAAOSwKOJYIci7

The small tray in front of the socket should be rubber lined with no cover. Some use it as a coin tray, but I use mine for collecting dust  :whistle:
« Last Edit: 09 June 2018, 14:11 by Guzzle »
7.5 GTD

Offline Dunc245

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2939 on: 09 June 2018, 14:09 »
Thanks Guzzle - I'll go and nag them for the plug that someone has pilferred. I need to go out for a drive again anyway..... :nerd: