Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1165823 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #2870 on: 02 February 2018, 06:58 »
Love the colour, not a fan of the wheels though.

I really like the anthracite Seville alloys; powdercoated finish that’s durable and able to stand up to the salt and grit the local authorities spread on the roads at this time of year. No risk of whiteworm corrosion either.

I really wish that VW would stop fitting diamond cut wheels to their cars  :whistle:

It’s good we don’t all like the same things...............

Yeah, I'm not a massive of diamond cut either. But I just think those Sevilles in grey look far too fussy and very aftermarket. Made worse by the red rim. I wouldn't pick them over the Parkers if they they were a no cost option. But they look good on the GTD in silver/black. TBF VW offers a pretty poor choice on the Golf and seem to just have everything diamond cut. Audis wheel choices aren't exactly great either. Must be a VAG thing.

Yes, I agree the VW wheel choice is poor - not just on the Golf, and IMO there are too many VW models being fitted with diamond cut wheels. The paint colour palette on the Golf isn’t great either, although I really like Indium Grey - not just saying that because your GTI is Indium Grey! Also, it was your car that actually got me quite liking the Parker Alloys - diamond cut I know, but they look good on your car.

I wanted white but the Indium Grey was available. I'm pleased I got it as I love the colour and as you say, the Parkers work pretty well with it. I looked on the configuror on German vW site and so many colour choices for the GTi, we get very limited choice here!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2871 on: 02 February 2018, 23:06 »
URL=http://s77.photobucket
Mine ready to pick up tomorrow afternoon.
( I don't know why photo is not working , I've spent ages trying to work out how to upload photos , yes read "how to" guides, I'm just a tech dinosaur)

Photobucket doesn't work these days for forums.

I and lots of other I think use this - https://postimages.org

Really easy to sign up, it's free and easy to use.

Thanks Jim.
I'm trying post images but not getting very far. Please can someone explain a simple way of posting a picture.

I picked mine up this afternoon..... wow I love it.
It's such a pleasure to drive .
I was a bit nervous of the dealer experience but I was well looked after. I had thought about them asking not to prep it but I let them do it explaining that I didn't want any swirls etc. It is absolutely unmarked!! (they didn't put cover on it cos they thought it would scratch it)
Well chuffed, I just would like to be able to post some pics for you.
Collected and being driven....... Gti PP 5dr DSG Tornado red, tints and Brescia's.

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2872 on: 02 February 2018, 23:15 »

Think I've cracked it!
Collected and being driven....... Gti PP 5dr DSG Tornado red, tints and Brescia's.

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #2873 on: 02 February 2018, 23:39 »
Looks great!
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2874 on: 02 February 2018, 23:40 »
Hi MKgti, you need to pick hotlink for forums rather than thumbnail?

Then we get the bigger picture!

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2875 on: 03 February 2018, 12:25 »

Thanks very much. I'm slowly getting the hang of it.
Strangely try to upload to postimage via Wi-Fi wouldn't work, turned off and used network and uploaded fine.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2876 on: 03 February 2018, 13:19 »
Strangely try to upload to postimage via Wi-Fi wouldn't work, turned off and used network and uploaded fine.

Sorry, forgot to say how good it looks, Brescias are very smart.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #2877 on: 07 February 2018, 08:12 »

That looks fantastic! Enjoy!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2878 on: 07 February 2018, 21:19 »

That looks fantastic! Enjoy!

Thanks Jim, I've just been out enjoying it, came across someone enjoying their R, we gave each other a thumbs up :grin:
I'm hoping for some good weather at the weekend so I can give it a nice clean and wax.

Offline Stretts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2879 on: 09 February 2018, 11:43 »
Not long to wait now until I join my wife in the MK 7.5 Gti club.  Last weekend I placed an order for a three door DSG Gti in pure white with Seville alloys and 90% tinted glass.  The car is already built and sitting in Emden so should not take long to arrive.
2018 white 3 door Gti, Seville wheels 90% tinted glass. Now sold.
2020 Mk 8 etsi R Line. Now sold.
2024 Manual White GTI  Adelaide's, winter pack & camera.