Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1166148 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #2820 on: 14 November 2017, 22:16 »

We picked our new car up on a rainy Saturday last week. The manual took a lot of flicking through!

Looks good Andy. Shame about the weather though as it takes a bit of the shine off the occasion of collecting your new car.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline andyb_123

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2821 on: 15 November 2017, 23:02 »
Looks good Andy. Shame about the weather though as it takes a bit of the shine off the occasion of collecting your new car.

On the plus side, next to it was a car in that odd off-white primer colour, which was looking distinctly unfinished in the drizzle. I would recommend people check that colour out in the flesh before ordering!

Offline glorioso2299

• Not said much yet
  • LOVING Father , Sport&History NUT ,PROUD GTI owner
« Reply #2822 on: 16 November 2017, 08:57 »
Hi Andy...i think that off white colour is the white silver which im due to take delivery off in a few days :undecided:

had my doubts since ordering but to late now LOL ...did you get other pics that show a better comparison of the 2? if you could post it would be much appreciated!

Thanks
7.5 GTI  DSG White Silver

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #2823 on: 16 November 2017, 17:12 »
Hi Andy...i think that off white colour is the white silver which im due to take delivery off in a few days :undecided:

had my doubts since ordering but to late now LOL ...did you get other pics that show a better comparison of the 2? if you could post it would be much appreciated!

Thanks

I really don't think seeing pics of Pure White against White Silver are really going to help you. Pure White looks a million times better side by side. Owners on here do report they like the colour they have bought but putting it beside a Pure White is a bad comparison to make.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline glorioso2299

• Not said much yet
  • LOVING Father , Sport&History NUT ,PROUD GTI owner
« Reply #2824 on: 16 November 2017, 17:24 »
yeh I guess you have a point ...
7.5 GTI  DSG White Silver

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #2825 on: 16 November 2017, 20:15 »
Don’t worry. I’m picking up my Indium GTi tomorrow and I’m really not sure I’m a grey car guy but it’s the best of the rest as can’t have Pure White again after 4 years in one.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #2826 on: 16 November 2017, 20:50 »
I seen a Golf people thingy today in white silver and it looked great, other than the shape.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #2827 on: 16 November 2017, 20:57 »

Thanks

Here's a video showing them both side by side

https://youtu.be/4BFEKw6eiMg

Personally I don't mind the white silver, but it is £300 more expensive than Pure White which is hard to justify unless you love it for what it is. Oryx White is nicer than both but unfortunately VW charge silly money for it.
7.5 GTD

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #2828 on: 16 November 2017, 21:07 »

Thanks

Here's a video showing them both side by side

https://youtu.be/4BFEKw6eiMg

Personally I don't mind the white silver, but it is £300 more expensive than Pure White which is hard to justify unless you love it for what it is. Oryx White is nicer than both but unfortunately VW charge silly money for it.

Try paying for it on a CC, almost £1300 :shocked: although it is worth it, on a sunny day that is.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline andyb_123

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2829 on: 17 November 2017, 18:57 »
Sorry I don't have photos of the white silver car I saw. The video posted above looks greyer than it seemed in the flesh - there was a slight bluey note... (or was I making that up?).

It was a very dull day. I have seen a video of it in the sunlight and it comes alive a bit then.

I think if you've seen the colour in the flesh and like it, you should get it. It'd be a dull world if we all wanted the same thing.