Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1165661 times)

Offline Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #2670 on: 01 April 2017, 23:28 »
Davegixer. That's pretty random then. I have seen a few pics and vids on YouTube of cars that have the strip light and kick plate so don't know why mine hasn't got. Maybe a 3 door thing??? Yea it def a brilliant car. I haven't done many miles yet but going for a drive tomorrow so looking forward to it. Think it's meant to be a nice day.😁
2023 Golf R 20 Years, Lapiz Blue, 19 Inch Black Estoril Alloys, Rear Camera, Harmon Kardon Sound System.

Offline davegixer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2671 on: 01 April 2017, 23:48 »
Davegixer. That's pretty random then. I have seen a few pics and vids on YouTube of cars that have the strip light and kick plate so don't know why mine hasn't got. Maybe a 3 door thing??? Yea it def a brilliant car. I haven't done many miles yet but going for a drive tomorrow so looking forward to it. Think it's meant to be a nice day.😁

Davey I wasn't actually expecting having the lighting, I'd read a lot and like you seen quite a few videos where they don't have it. So it was actually a surprise when I saw it. Random indeed mate!

Enjoy tomorrow, you won't stop grinning, I'll be doing exactly the same  :laugh:
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #670
Carbon Grey Metallic, Black Roof, DSG, Leather, 19" Brescias, I'm in love with a car, help me.

Offline davegixer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2672 on: 01 April 2017, 23:49 »

Davey I wasn't actually expecting having the lighting, I'd read a lot and like you seen quite a few videos where they don't have it. So it was actually a surprise when I saw it. Random indeed mate!

Enjoy tomorrow, you won't stop grinning, I'll be doing exactly the same  :laugh:

I couldn't have written that any worse, blame the Saturday night booze  :evil:
Carbon Grey Metallic, Black Roof, DSG, Leather, 19" Brescias, I'm in love with a car, help me.

Offline Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2673 on: 02 April 2017, 06:47 »
 :grin: :grin: :grin: Davegixer I had a few drinks at home last night to mate. Up early with the kids as usual this morning so didn't go mad. Lol maybe the strip light thing is something to do with not having the parts or something?? Ah well, enjoy your drive later mate. I'm looking forward to mine. :grin:
2023 Golf R 20 Years, Lapiz Blue, 19 Inch Black Estoril Alloys, Rear Camera, Harmon Kardon Sound System.

Offline davegixer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2674 on: 02 April 2017, 09:04 »
:grin: :grin: :grin: Davegixer I had a few drinks at home last night to mate. Up early with the kids as usual this morning so didn't go mad. Lol maybe the strip light thing is something to do with not having the parts or something?? Ah well, enjoy your drive later mate. I'm looking forward to mine. :grin:

I had a very rare night without the kids and better half, so a few too many beers with a film....rock and roll eh!!

Enjoy your drive mate, let us know how you got on.

Offline Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2675 on: 02 April 2017, 16:29 »
Davegixer that's me back from my day out.  :drool: it's a great car to drive, especially on the country roads. Went shopping with the family so dropped the wife an kids off for while and went for a 10 mile blast on my own. Car handles like it's on rails. So easy to drive, especially with the dsg in sport and using the paddles. Sounds really good on both up and downshift.  :smiley:

Offline onmeedson

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2676 on: 02 April 2017, 21:12 »
Just picked up my Clubsport from Barnetts in Dundee and drove the 300 miles back to Cheshire. What a fantastic car!!!

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #2677 on: 02 April 2017, 21:38 »
Just picked up my Clubsport from Barnetts in Dundee and drove the 300 miles back to Cheshire. What a fantastic car!!!

Surely with the nav set to 'no motorways' :grin:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline davegixer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2678 on: 02 April 2017, 22:01 »
Davegixer that's me back from my day out.  :drool: it's a great car to drive, especially on the country roads. Went shopping with the family so dropped the wife an kids off for while and went for a 10 mile blast on my own. Car handles like it's on rails. So easy to drive, especially with the dsg in sport and using the paddles. Sounds really good on both up and downshift.  :smiley:

Davey-c, pleased to hear you're happy with it. I couldn't agree more, it really comes into its own in the twisties. I had another drive out today, I'm really pleased with it, the DSG is excellent in sport mode, and agreed it sounds great!
I loved my old GTI, but this is another level.

Offline davegixer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2679 on: 02 April 2017, 22:03 »

That's the test drive nailed then!!
Good to hear you're pleased with it.