Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1165601 times)

Offline Damo7

• Not said much yet
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #2460 on: 19 July 2015, 19:21 »
Congrats Damo ....  looks fab in Reflex Silver .. I'll be keeping an eye out for it in North Dublin....

Wondering how you found Western  Motors - did they offer a decent discount to list ?
I actually live in Galway but bought in Drogeda as they offered me the best trade in price on my Octavia vRS. I found them good to deal with. No issues at all.

Offline Speedyslug

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2461 on: 20 July 2015, 22:46 »
Hi,

I'm new to the forum as I've just ordered a Mk7 gti as follows:

5dr carbon grey, manual
Performance pack
Tech pack
Parking pack
High beam assist
Leather
Keyless entry
Winter pack

Hopefully due some time in September.

I currently drive an M135i which I do really like, but I went for the auto, which I do really like, but I've started realising I miss having a manual gearbox. Don't get me wrong the auto is great in stop start traffic, but I've started to get bored of it. Thinking about what car to replace it with, it's always been between an audi s3, golf gti or golf r. I decided on a golf as I think they have more character than an s3.

I took a manual gti for a test drive and realised how much I've missed having a manual. Deciding between an R or gti was a tough call though. I know the R has similar power and acceleration times as, my m135i, but I remembered back to my Scirocco R which I loved a lot! And with the gti also being front wheel drive I decided to go for it, as it's almost as fast as my Scirocco R was too. I'm not fussed about the drop in power from my current car as I know it's gonna be real fun to drive.

I just hope I won't wish I had gone for the golf R, as reading on this forum it seems a lot of people seem to switch from the gti to the R!

Also i would like to try and keep the gti for at least a couple of years,  as I change cars far too often!

Decided on carbon grey as wanted something different,  had many blue cars and a couple of black ones. Was debating going for oryx white,  but carbon grey was the one I went for.

Hi, am also new and still awaiting my GTi - currently on the boat!
Have also chosen Carbon Grey - have seen it just the once in person, and am undecided if truly like it - but grey does tend to be favourite colour for me!

Regarding choice of car, M135i are available with some hefty discounts of around £6k (dealer/BMW contribution) which I only noticed after ordering GTi. On PCP monthly payments would've worked out pretty similar.

I decided against the PP, as that put it too close in R territory in terms of money, so would've probably just taken R instead! Just a point regarding your extras - I hope you didn't pay extra for winter pack or keyless - they're now included after BW22!

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2462 on: 24 July 2015, 17:01 »
Hi all!

I'm the new arrival to this forum rather than a car but thought this a good place to introduce myself. Currently driving a 2003 Audi A4 2.4 saloon that I bought new. It's been a great car to me and we've been on lots of great holidays but now is the time to change.

Had a test drive today in a red 2015 3 door manual GTI PP with Santiagos and was impressed with the performance and comfort. Negotiations were had and a price agreed, will decide tonight. Have had a quote from drive the deal too with a sunroof and standard wheels that was really good. So have to decide - get it now or wait and get new with the latest spec. Hmmm - not a bad choice to have to make!

Will no doubt be bothering you all in the future with silly questions!

Cheers all - Peter.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #2463 on: 24 July 2015, 17:13 »
Hi all!

I'm the new arrival to this forum rather than a car but thought this a good place to introduce myself. Currently driving a 2003 Audi A4 2.4 saloon that I bought new. It's been a great car to me and we've been on lots of great holidays but now is the time to change.

Had a test drive today in a red 2015 3 door manual GTI PP with Santiagos and was impressed with the performance and comfort. Negotiations were had and a price agreed, will decide tonight. Have had a quote from drive the deal too with a sunroof and standard wheels that was really good. So have to decide - get it now or wait and get new with the latest spec. Hmmm - not a bad choice to have to make!

Cheers all - Peter.

Welcome along  :smiley:
nice decision to have. Win win all the way !!
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2464 on: 24 July 2015, 17:30 »
Thanks JB - certainly had worse dilemmas but it'll still be difficult!

I like the bigger wheels but they do look like they'll be a bugger to keep clean and the tyres a good deal more expensive! On the other hand, the sunroof will only need a good wipe (not by me of course, I'm the driver, not the cleaner...).
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Speedyslug

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2465 on: 24 July 2015, 18:03 »
Hi all!

Cheers all - Peter.

Welcome !

Don't forget, if you're looking to buy now (i.e. one of current stock cars), after July 31st, the deposit contribution is £2k if on PCP. Even if you're not looking to finance, you can pay it off once term has begun after you've received the car, so you still get that extra money off!
Best of luck with your decision

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2466 on: 24 July 2015, 18:22 »
Cheers Speedyslug - drive the deal called me to confirm the price and it'll be a factory order. I'm a cash buyer but on new will definitely take the finance for the deposit contribution and pay off during the cooling off period.

Anyone want an extremely well cared for one owner Audi :wink:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #2467 on: 24 July 2015, 19:51 »
Thanks JB - certainly had worse dilemmas but it'll still be difficult!

I like the bigger wheels but they do look like they'll be a bugger to keep clean and the tyres a good deal more expensive! On the other hand, the sunroof will only need a good wipe (not by me of course, I'm the driver, not the cleaner...).
In between my GTI and R my dealer lent me a GTD that had Santiago's and curiosity got the better of me and I gave them a clean. 1word......B*****d !!  They would drive me mad with my great big mitts  :whistle:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Bungleaio

• Here all the time
« Reply #2468 on: 24 July 2015, 20:15 »
I've been on the golfmk7 forum for a while and I've just found you guys.

I'm not a golf owner yet but my order went in just over a week ago, I've gone for:

Three door GTI
DSG
Deep black pearl paint
Austin Wheels
Black Vienna Leather
GTI Performance Pack
Parking pack (Park assist & rear view camera)
Tech pack (Discover Pro nav & Dynaudio soundpack)
Dynamic Chassis Control
Climate windscreen
Advanced telephone connection
Car-Net App-Connect
Tinted glass 90%
Lane Assist (includes high beam assist)
5 year factory warranty

Estimated build week 42 with a delivery early November.

Looking forward to being part of the club.
Abarth 595 Turismo + Classic Mini + Triumph Street Triple RS
Did have 3door DBP GTI PP

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2469 on: 24 July 2015, 20:28 »
JB - think I'm going to go with the ex-demo now so I'll be looking for wheel cleaning tips!

Bungleaio - nice spec! I was keen on getting a dsg car from the start as my Audi is an auto but really enjoyed driving the manual. Guess I was just after a change.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.