Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1165495 times)

Offline David Cook

• Not said much yet
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #2440 on: 08 May 2015, 18:29 »
Ok,so had this delivered to me on 27/04/2015

Its a White 3 Door GTD with DSG, was ordered as my company car on 24/12/14

Options are:
Vienna Leather
Sat Nav
Sport & Sound Pack
Reversing Camera
Climate Windscreen
Advance Phone Prep

My initial views are I'm very pleased, love the look, and am enjoying the drive, still unable to not drive in sport yet  :grin:

My first ever white car, and while its nice when clean I have a 600 mile a week commute, so looks like my weekends will be mostly spent with buckets of soapy water.

Anyhow, here's a few pics:

Offline Hadders187

• Just got here
« Reply #2441 on: 03 June 2015, 18:44 »
Hi,

I'm new to the forum as I've just ordered a Mk7 gti as follows:

5dr carbon grey, manual
Performance pack
Tech pack
Parking pack
High beam assist
Leather
Keyless entry
Winter pack

Hopefully due some time in September.

I currently drive an M135i which I do really like, but I went for the auto, which I do really like, but I've started realising I miss having a manual gearbox. Don't get me wrong the auto is great in stop start traffic, but I've started to get bored of it. Thinking about what car to replace it with, it's always been between an audi s3, golf gti or golf r. I decided on a golf as I think they have more character than an s3.

I took a manual gti for a test drive and realised how much I've missed having a manual. Deciding between an R or gti was a tough call though. I know the R has similar power and acceleration times as, my m135i, but I remembered back to my Scirocco R which I loved a lot! And with the gti also being front wheel drive I decided to go for it, as it's almost as fast as my Scirocco R was too. I'm not fussed about the drop in power from my current car as I know it's gonna be real fun to drive.

I just hope I won't wish I had gone for the golf R, as reading on this forum it seems a lot of people seem to switch from the gti to the R!

Also i would like to try and keep the gti for at least a couple of years,  as I change cars far too often!

Decided on carbon grey as wanted something different,  had many blue cars and a couple of black ones. Was debating going for oryx white,  but carbon grey was the one I went for.

On order: Mk7 Golf Gti PP, 5dr, Carbon Grey, Manual

Current car: 2012 Bmw M135i auto
Previous cars of note:
2010 Scirocco R, rising blue,  manual
2008 Mk7 Golf Gti, 5dr, Shadow Blue, manual

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #2442 on: 03 June 2015, 19:12 »
Welcome to the forum Hadders

Very nice spec you have went for. The GTI is a very capable car and great all rounder and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Yes, it's down on power compared to your current car but the LSD makes it a great handling car and a lot of fun. There is no doubt the R is very popular and that has much to do with it having awd and of course the incredible lease deals that were going about a few months back. However, if your not too fussed about the decrease in power then you will love it  :smiley:

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #2443 on: 09 June 2015, 18:48 »
And now a nice cost saving too - as two of Hadder's options have just become standard equipment its a refund on the Keyless entry and winter pack :-)

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #2444 on: 14 June 2015, 19:59 »
I've been around here fro a while, just not posted much, been more active on mk5golfgti for 6 years

So I've just sold my MK5 GTI today :sad: after 6+ years of very happy ownership - tomorrow I'm on the bus and train  :embarrassed: ....................................

Off to pick up a 14 month old Mk7 GTi pp tomorrow - can't bloody wait :cool:

Offline golfguyuk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2445 on: 15 June 2015, 07:27 »
I am looking for something similar. Mind me asking roughly how much you paid to get that :)

Offline Gremplar

• Just got here
« Reply #2446 on: 16 June 2015, 22:58 »
Hullo guys
My first post. I took delivery of a new MK7 last Friday. Trade-in was a SEAT Cupra R.
All the reviews I read rated the GTI highly but all said 'Get the Performance Pack'. So I did.
Dealer told me that I was the first to tick that option in two years of sales.
I'm the first to be suspicious about a dealer claim (no offence!), so is this a surprising statement to anyone else?
MK7 GTI, PP, DCC, Carbon grey, Austin alloys

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2447 on: 16 June 2015, 23:01 »
Hullo guys
My first post. I took delivery of a new MK7 last Friday. Trade-in was a SEAT Cupra R.
All the reviews I read rated the GTI highly but all said 'Get the Performance Pack'. So I did.
I'm the first to be suspicious about a dealer claim (no offence!), so is this a surprising statement to anyone else?

Yes.  There's plenty on here with GTI PP's.  Sounds like dealer BS.

Welcome.  Pics of your new arrival?  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Damo7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2448 on: 16 June 2015, 23:02 »
Hullo guys

I ordered the PP pack too. The question I have is how does it compare to the Cupra!

Offline Btracing

• Just got here
« Reply #2449 on: 23 June 2015, 22:19 »
First post , tornado red with DSG.