Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1166663 times)

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #2410 on: 04 April 2015, 20:35 »
Couple of pics of my new R, sadly I'm not sure on the DBP & the wife hates its, hopefully when it fully detailed it might grow on us, or I'll have to either vinyl wrapped it or order a TR one,apart from the colour the car is amazing to drive.

Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2411 on: 04 April 2015, 21:52 »
R looks great not sure about vinyl wrapping a new car   :cool:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2412 on: 04 April 2015, 22:06 »
I hope you're joking about the vinyl wrapping  :shocked: :huh:

I think it looks great  :cool:, but admittedly I am biased in favour of DBP.  It would be nice to see a few shots of the car in it's entirety. 

Why are you not keen on the colour?  It is huge change from red, so perhaps you just need time to get used to it.  Hopefully it will grow on you, if the dirt and swirls don't put you off.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #2413 on: 05 April 2015, 09:08 »
Probably won't got it vinyl wrapped it was just a one option to change the colour.If the dealer had done a better job on PDi & not given me a car that when I picked it up it looked like it had been painted with stove paint ,it was that flat& had no pop to it at all. Going to to give it a detail today so hopefully it will start to grow on me , I'll post a few more pics of car when it's done.

Mk7 golf R DBP

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2414 on: 05 April 2015, 09:58 »
That's a shame the dealer did such a poor job of presenting the car. You get detailing and we look forward to the pics  :cool:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2415 on: 05 April 2015, 11:13 »
Probably won't got it vinyl wrapped it was just a one option to change the colour.If the dealer had done a better job on PDi & not given me a car that when I picked it up it looked like it had been painted with stove paint ,it was that flat& had no pop to it at all. Going to to give it a detail today so hopefully it will start to grow on me , I'll post a few more pics of car when it's done.

Unless you've had a detailer give it a going over prior to pick up, black always looks as flat as the proverbial pancake straight from the dealer.  That's why I only want the dealer to remove the transport stickers from mine, I'll do the rest myself. 

Once you've given it some TLC yourself it'll look miles better.  Hope the weather holds for your detailing session, look forward to the pics  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #2416 on: 05 April 2015, 21:43 »
Few more pics of the car, I think I have finally bonded with it, after a 6 hour detail its finally got a shine to it , but God you have to put the work in.This is my first black car I have ever owned & found it quite dull & boring when I pick it up , mainly due to poor dealer perp.but now I  absolutely love it.

Pic1 is how it looked when pick it up, it was about as shiny as a slate roof.

Mk7 golf R DBP

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #2417 on: 05 April 2015, 22:31 »
Few more pics of the car, I think I have finally bonded with it, after a 6 hour detail its finally got a shine to it , but God you have to put the work in.This is my first black car I have ever owned & found it quite dull & boring when I pick it up , mainly due to poor dealer perp.but now I  absolutely love it.

Pic1 is how it looked when pick it up, it was about as shiny as a slate roof.

Glad to hear your opinion has changed. "No Pain No Gain" it looks stunning now .  :cool:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2418 on: 05 April 2015, 22:42 »
Gazmondo - it looks stunning, those 6 hours were worth the pain. :cool:  Glad you're loving it, that didn't take long.  Has your missus been converted yet?

Everyone has their favourite colour but it's hard to beat a well detailed clean DBP imo.  The true test of your love will come when it's dirty.........tomorrow  :laugh:

Does make you wonder what they do at the dealership to make it look so dull, maybe best not to know :huh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #2419 on: 06 April 2015, 08:40 »
Its what they are not doing - typically only around 45 minutes will be allocated for a new car prep.