Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1166388 times)

Offline Camy

• Just got here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #2330 on: 09 January 2015, 13:11 »
I have a dilemma.

Just got off the phone with the dealer who said my car will be ready to pick up in 2 weeks exactly. I said if think about it (although my head was screaming to get it ASAP).

My problem lies in the resale value of a 64 and 15 plate. Should I just wait it out until March to pick it up? Is there a significant difference between the two?
Current: Silver 1.2L '06 VW Polo

Waiting (inpatiently) for: Night Blue Mk 7 GTI, 5 Dr, Manual, standard 18" alloys

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #2331 on: 10 January 2015, 18:17 »
I have a dilemma.

Just got off the phone with the dealer who said my car will be ready to pick up in 2 weeks exactly. I said if think about it (although my head was screaming to get it ASAP).

My problem lies in the resale value of a 64 and 15 plate. Should I just wait it out until March to pick it up? Is there a significant difference between the two?

I was in exactly the same position as you this time last year (car ready 2nd week Jan) and I waited until 1st March. Looking back, it was worth the wait but I don't know what difference it made to the resale value, I guess I'll only know that in a couple of years. I just wanted the new reg on the first day it came out!
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

sus

« Reply #2332 on: 10 January 2015, 18:58 »
i would wait till 1st march

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #2333 on: 10 January 2015, 19:22 »
Had the same dilemma last year, the dealer told me the difference would only be £650, but I'm glad I waited till the 1st March, it turned out to be a lovely sunny Saturday perfect for picking up a new gti.
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #2334 on: 10 January 2015, 21:54 »
Collection TBA but...

3000miles
R, 5dr Manual
Lapiz Blue
19" Pretoria's
DCC
Nav
Winter Pack
Panoramic Roof
Reversing Camera

My new car
by Techie_Ali, on Flickr

Chuffed
« Last Edit: 24 January 2015, 21:08 by ajmoir36 »
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline boydeee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2335 on: 12 January 2015, 14:15 »
Collection TBA but...

3000miles
R, 5dr Manual
Lapiz Blue
19" Pretoria's
DCC
Nav
Winter Pack
Panoramic Roof
Reversing Camera

Chuffed

Looks lovely mate! Bet you can't wait to finally get it

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #2336 on: 12 January 2015, 16:23 »
Collection TBA but...

3000miles
R, 5dr Manual
Lapiz Blue
19" Pretoria's
DCC
Nav
Winter Pack
Panoramic Roof
Reversing Camera

Chuffed
Awesome, and what an entry to the MK7!  :laugh: Have you had your GTD long? I wonder if that's what I'll end up doing, as per some of the other GTD'ers on here (but further down the road for me.)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #2337 on: 12 January 2015, 16:40 »
Collection TBA but...

3000miles
R, 5dr Manual
Lapiz Blue
19" Pretoria's
DCC
Nav
Winter Pack
Panoramic Roof
Reversing Camera

Chuffed
Awesome, and what an entry to the MK7!  :laugh: Have you had your GTD long? I wonder if that's what I'll end up doing, as per some of the other GTD'ers on here (but further down the road for me.)

Thanks, I have had my Mk6 GTD from new and nearly 5 years and 80k miles, so a while.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #2338 on: 21 January 2015, 06:58 »
A few pics of the Pure White R

Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #2339 on: 21 January 2015, 12:42 »