Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1165495 times)

Offline Dave the Cat

• Not said much yet
  • CSG Golf GTD
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #2220 on: 15 May 2014, 21:53 »
I have had my new car for 4 weeks already but only just worked out how to upload pictures. A bog standard GTD and coming from 3no BMW 3 series I am very happy with the car overall, especially the noise and acceleration. Touch wood not a single problem. PS: It is not currently this clean  :undecided:

Offline Wil

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2221 on: 16 May 2014, 08:11 »
Here's mine... got it on Tuesday:

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #2222 on: 16 May 2014, 09:32 »
Have they started fitting red GTI badges to PP cars now? :cool:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #2223 on: 16 May 2014, 11:59 »
You just can't get enough photos of the new arrivals.
Both look great.

@Wil is that JCB and was the handover just out in the car park?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #2224 on: 16 May 2014, 12:47 »
You just can't get enough photos of the new arrivals.
Both look great.

@Wil is that JCB and was the handover just out in the car park?

Looks like it and yes JCB handover is in car park - I'd rather have a big discount and no fuss handover than little discount and a whole unveiling ceremony!!!
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline Wil

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2225 on: 16 May 2014, 12:57 »
Jimble - The sales chappy did say that the badges are coming red these days. It's something I'd not clocked onto when he'd said it.

Yes, it was JCB Medway. The car was placed outside in front of the showroom. It was pretty cool. I know some people get a nice cover on it and they unveil it with a bottle of fizzy stuff but I got an 11% discount so as peterdoherty says... I'd rather have the discount. I asked them not to wash the car as I'm going to give it a light polish (if required) then seal it. I wouldn't trust someone else to do it and not scratch the hell out of it!

JCB were fantastic actually. I can't fault them one bit!

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #2226 on: 16 May 2014, 16:48 »
Thats really clean for it not be washed. I suppose if your driving a few hundred miles to get home it probaby pays not to risk any harm done with them washing it.
Mine is from JCB and my contact there was telling me about someone on this forum collecting their car with all the stickers still on it.
Did you get them to give it a non contact wash?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #2227 on: 16 May 2014, 16:57 »
Seeing a nice new clean car is inspiring me to go home and do a snow foam wash tonight :laugh:

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #2228 on: 16 May 2014, 16:59 »
Yesterdays arrival for me, spent far too long cleaning it today :D All done other than the glass. shout out to Jbirchy for help with some of the cleaning products.

My camera battery was dead, so just an iphone pic for now - I'll get some proper pics taken when I get a chance.

Loving the car  :laugh:

Offline zUgan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2229 on: 16 May 2014, 17:00 »
Here's mine... got it on Tuesday:

Don't suppose you were in Baldock Services on the A1 on Tuesday?! If so, you drove past me, I remember the red GTI badge on the front. Looks good.

3dr GTD, Carbon Grey.