Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1165699 times)

Offline Rich_G

• Not said much yet
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #2050 on: 03 March 2014, 11:35 »
Picked up my GTD on Saturday. Awesome!  :grin:
The wait was worth it.
GTD in Tornado Red

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #2051 on: 03 March 2014, 17:21 »
Is this 'I'm ready to go home now' thing, for all handovers, or an 'exclusive' GTI thing?  :smiley:
Its for all VW's as far as I know. I think its a bit cheesy - but I suppose its better than the old style hand overs in the parking area for the workshop behind the dealership which always seemed anything but special....

Offline NumberedJester

• Not said much yet
  • Oh Hello!
« Reply #2052 on: 03 March 2014, 17:35 »
Is this 'I'm ready to go home now' thing, for all handovers, or an 'exclusive' GTI thing?  :smiley:
Its for all VW's as far as I know. I think its a bit cheesy - but I suppose its better than the old style hand overs in the parking area for the workshop behind the dealership which always seemed anything but special....

Picking up my GTD on Thursday. Made sure to tell the dealer to cut out all the bells and whistles s**t and just have it parked in the car park. lol
Ordered GTD, Tornado Red 27/09/13

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #2053 on: 03 March 2014, 17:58 »
Mine didn't get the covered up treatment. It was parked dead centre of the show room. Made me feel quite proud when everyone was peering inside it. Fortunately it was locked so nobody could get in haha

Offline Millzy68

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2054 on: 03 March 2014, 23:13 »
I must admit when I arrived at Inchcape to collect my GTD and saw a car under the wraps, I was kind of relieved when I noticed the alloy that was peeking out from under the cover, wasn't the ones I ordered. Mine was behind glass in the preperation area, on full view of all the other customers but just out of reach   :whistle:  :tongue: each to thier own though.

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #2055 on: 04 March 2014, 11:21 »

I must have p'd some one off as that is exactly what I got  :laugh:
maybe becuase it's a company car and not a private sale.
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline skippy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2056 on: 04 March 2014, 12:45 »
I quite like the idea of this new style handover, a car is a significant investment and you want the experience to feel special. Depends on circumstances I guess, I know some of you guys want to cut out the faffing around and just get on and drive it. Myself - I tend to keep cars a long time (at minimum 5 years) so anything they can do to improve the whole buying experience, I am all for it !
« Last Edit: 04 March 2014, 12:47 by skippy »
MK7.5 2020, Isaac Blue, standard spec

Gone but certainly not forgotten Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TSI

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #2057 on: 04 March 2014, 13:34 »
I'm jealous mine wasn't covered up. It was parked in, what can only be described, as a hand over room with folding doors to allow me to drive out and open to the world to look at with envy. That being said I walked in saw it and was like 'yeah yeah yeah to the handover lets just do this' as soon as I got to the giveaway where the dealership joins the main road it started chucking it down lol
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #2058 on: 04 March 2014, 13:44 »
I really liked the extent to which they made it feel special.  The last time I bought a new car it was sitting in the car park and the sales guy wanted to leave as it was last thing on a Friday.  Didn't feel special at all.

They skipped most of the run through over the controls by the big reveal of taking the cover off was really cool, couldn't stop grinning! :grin:

Offline Ginagee

• Here all the time
« Reply #2059 on: 04 March 2014, 16:03 »
Yeah, I loved the handover. It did make the whole occasion that much more special. Also, while we were giving it the once over, another sales guy walked up and said how much he like it in Silver too, and we'd picked the best colour…. I guess they do that to everyone too!!!! Nice touch!
On the whole, it really buys you into the whole VW brand, and makes you feel part of it. Sort of warm fussy feeling! :laugh:

Now then… less talk…. LETS HAVE MORE pictures guys!!! Jimble, it's been sunny…. need more R photos in my life.
 :wink:
2014 GTi Mk7 5dr Manual, Reflex Silver, PP, DNS, Dynaudio, Pano Roof.