Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1165752 times)

Offline GTI_for_her!

• Not said much yet
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1900 on: 17 January 2014, 21:40 »
Well yesterday was the day for us. Picked the car up at JCB Gillingham and well impressed so far. I had a Mk5 gti in 2006 and the new one feels familiar but so much more modern.
Think it looks great in red even without a proper clean. The garage did as I asked and only took off the protective covers. It still had the scribbled writing on the windscreen corners and stickers on the wheels!!

We were meant to be stopping at a Travel lodge near Manchester overnight but were feeling fresh enough (possibly adrenaline) we just drove the whole 500 miles home. Not easy when your trying the vary the engine speed as much as possible and going on and off motorway to break up journey. On the bright side its half way run in.

I now have the weekend to properly clean and seal it and will post some pictures when I have it gleaming. To say the wife is happy is an understatement.
BW50, Mk7 Gti, Tornado red, 5dr, manual, Adaptive chassis control, winter pack.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1901 on: 17 January 2014, 22:51 »

We were meant to be stopping at a Travel lodge near Manchester overnight but were feeling fresh enough (possibly adrenaline) we just drove the whole 500 miles home.

Brilliant, congratulations. I take it you ordered through a broker?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline GTI_for_her!

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1902 on: 17 January 2014, 23:24 »
Thanks, yes went through drive the deal.
Originally got quotes from them and Carwow which I put to my local dealer. I didn't expect them to match the quotes but they wouldn't shift from list at all.

It was a long trip but easier than expected and well worth it for the saving made. The fact we sold the wife's Audi A3 privately for about £1500 more than best trade in price also helped.

No complaints with the process at all and dealer more than helpful.
I just need an excuse to borrow her car more often now!!
BW50, Mk7 Gti, Tornado red, 5dr, manual, Adaptive chassis control, winter pack.

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #1903 on: 18 January 2014, 12:11 »
Picked up my new car monday and only just got round to getting the pics onto my laptop.

I know there have been a few Carbon grey ones on before, but here's mine to add to the list.

I will hope to get some better pics to add on the weekend.

Looks great-what VW dealership is that? Huddersfield?

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #1904 on: 18 January 2014, 17:13 »

No, It's Doncaster.
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline briansmith

• Just got here
« Reply #1905 on: 18 January 2014, 21:29 »
The car looks smashing....

Offline boydeee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1906 on: 19 January 2014, 11:45 »
Hi all,

I've been reading this excellent forum for a while now, since before placing my order back in September, so I finally decided to join and share some insights.

I order my Night Blue GTi PP back in early Sept, it finally arrived at the end of Nov, coincidentally two days before I received my first company car.  So although I've only done around 600 miles since, they have been thoroughly enjoyable. It's like having a weekend toy.  Coming from an Octavia VRs TDi (which was pretty quick) the Golf is in a different league, I particularly impressed with the braking performance.

Now it's not a popular colour choice and there aren't many posts of here, but I'm very pleased with the colour - especially in the sunlight when it glitters.

I've also posted a link to my Flickr site for some more arty photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/70372969@N02/sets/72157638291073406/

I will take more once the weather improves and I can give it a good clean.

The only mod so far has been to upgrade the cornering lights.  I went with Osram Cool Blue Hyper (around £20 on Amazon).  To aid those of you who've not upgraded yet I've posted a video on YouTube.  These bulbs are very bright white and compliment the xenons.

http://youtu.be/um-7zazGRAQ

Thanks

PS: hopefully all these links work - first time poster  :undecided:

Looks great fella! I was thinking of night blue but ended choosing carbon grey (though I've still not seen my car yet!)

Love the night picture on your flickr, the colour looks superb

Offline evo GT

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1907 on: 19 January 2014, 14:44 »
Hi all,

I've been reading this excellent forum for a while now, since before placing my order back in September, so I finally decided to join and share some insights.

I order my Night Blue GTi PP back in early Sept, it finally arrived at the end of Nov, coincidentally two days before I received my first company car.  So although I've only done around 600 miles since, they have been thoroughly enjoyable. It's like having a weekend toy.  Coming from an Octavia VRs TDi (which was pretty quick) the Golf is in a different league, I particularly impressed with the braking performance.

Now it's not a popular colour choice and there aren't many posts of here, but I'm very pleased with the colour - especially in the sunlight when it glitters.

The only mod so far has been to upgrade the cornering lights.  I went with Osram Cool Blue Hyper (around £20 on Amazon).  To aid those of you who've not upgraded yet I've posted a video on YouTube.  These bulbs are very bright white and compliment the xenons.

Thanks

Looks great fella! I was thinking of night blue but ended choosing carbon grey (though I've still not seen my car yet!)

Cheers boydee, we have new LED street lights around our office car park, which shows off the colour quite well (when it was clean at least) in that photo.
You'll be very pleased with carbon grey, I was torn between the two as well.  Both colours appear to have a green/silver fleck (glitter-esq) in bright lights. I just need the weather to improve to give mine a proper detail.

Offline Ap69

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1908 on: 19 January 2014, 23:25 »
Hi all,

Thanks

Cheers boydee, we have new LED street lights around our office car park, which shows off the colour quite well (when it was clean at least) in that photo.
You'll be very pleased with carbon grey, I was torn between the two as well.  Both colours appear to have a green/silver fleck (glitter-esq) in bright lights. I just need the weather to improve to give mine a proper detail.

I love your pics too I'm an am photographer and are really looking forward to getting my golf in 2 weeks, night blue to take some snaps :-)
Golf Gti 3dr Night Blue Manual

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #1909 on: 20 January 2014, 18:28 »

No, It's Doncaster.

Ah,wrong guess,I knew I had been in it though!