Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1165425 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1870 on: 12 January 2014, 12:12 »
Imo the GTD should've had grey painted calipers from day one like it said in the brochure rather than the bare metal thats on every other lower spec Golf. >:(

I don't think it should have red calipers, it takes away some the identity of the two cars.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline stiggy786

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1871 on: 12 January 2014, 13:01 »
Imo the GTD should've had grey painted calipers from day one like it said in the brochure rather than the bare metal thats on every other lower spec Golf. >:(

I don't think it should have red calipers, it takes away some the identity of the two cars.

agreed on both counts. Red is GTI, grey is GTD blue is R.
**Mk7 GTI**5 door**Manual**Performance Pack**Pure White**Discover Nav**Panoramic Roof**Keyless**AutoGlym**3yr Service Plan**Ordered Oct 2013**BW46**

Offline 2014GTi

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #1872 on: 12 January 2014, 13:08 »

agreed on both counts. Red is GTI, grey is GTD blue is R.
Nope, black is for the R to match the side badges etc.

But then again I also think the R should have got it's own brake system instead of the GTi PP setup. :)
2014 Volkswagen Golf GTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2011 Volkswagen Polo Bluemotion
2001 SEAT Arosa TDi S
1999 John Cooper Mini Works S
2005 Vauxhall Astra SRI CDTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2002 Audi S3 quattro
1999 Peugeot 206 Grand Tourisme

Offline evo GT

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1873 on: 12 January 2014, 15:33 »
Hi all,

I've been reading this excellent forum for a while now, since before placing my order back in September, so I finally decided to join and share some insights.

I order my Night Blue GTi PP back in early Sept, it finally arrived at the end of Nov, coincidentally two days before I received my first company car.  So although I've only done around 600 miles since, they have been thoroughly enjoyable. It's like having a weekend toy.  Coming from an Octavia VRs TDi (which was pretty quick) the Golf is in a different league, I particularly impressed with the braking performance.

Now it's not a popular colour choice and there aren't many posts of here, but I'm very pleased with the colour - especially in the sunlight when it glitters. This is mine with the dealers GTD Night Blue demo car:

I've also posted a link to my Flickr site for some more arty photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/70372969@N02/sets/72157638291073406/

I will take more once the weather improves and I can give it a good clean.

The only mod so far has been to upgrade the cornering lights.  I went with Osram Cool Blue Hyper (around £20 on Amazon).  To aid those of you who've not upgraded yet I've posted a video on YouTube.  These bulbs are very bright white and compliment the xenons.

http://youtu.be/um-7zazGRAQ

Thanks

PS: hopefully all these links work - first time poster  :undecided:

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #1874 on: 12 January 2014, 15:48 »

The only mod so far has been to upgrade the cornering lights.  I went with Osram Cool Blue Hyper (around £20 on Amazon).  To aid those of you who've not upgraded yet I've posted a video on YouTube.  These bulbs are very bright white and compliment the xenons.

http://youtu.be/um-7zazGRAQ

Thanks

That's another purchase made for when mine comes then  :whistle:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline SeniorMoment

• Just got here
« Reply #1875 on: 13 January 2014, 09:01 »
Hello there.
I'm a prospective buyer of a new Mark 7 (but am yet to have a test drive etc.).
I would appreciate some guidance from recent buyers as to how the p/ex value of their cars has been calculated, given that there's a waiting time of 2-3 months between order and delivery.

Thanks.  :smiley:

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #1876 on: 13 January 2014, 09:21 »
Hello and welcome.

Generally a dealer will make an allowance for the passing of time in their trade in allowance. Others will give you a price now and say it will be looked at again when the time comes. I would always insist on a fixed price now as otherwise you are at their mercy.

Alternatively if you are ready to change why not look for some of the cars already at dealers or on their way. There may be one with colour and spec that you want and you can get a decent discount on these cars too.

What model are you looking for, colour etc?
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline SeniorMoment

• Just got here
« Reply #1877 on: 13 January 2014, 15:06 »
Thanks for your reply DavyK.
I'm looking to get a White GTI 3dr. with PP and rear camera. I've been monitoring the Dealer network but my preferred spec hasn't come up yet (which isn't surprising really).
I think I'll keep looking though, as there's no rush.
Meanwhile, I'll be scouring the forum for tips, warnings and comments  - so thanks to all who contribute.

Offline cl0nd0n

• Just got here
« Reply #1878 on: 13 January 2014, 18:08 »
Hi guys

Been hanging around for a while and waiting for my delivery before posting! Just arrived this afternoon! 10 mile drive home was lovely.... will post some better pics in the week but for now it's time to go for a drive and see how she goes!

Mk7 GTD | 5-door, Carbon Grey, DSG, Keyless, Winter Pack, Reversing Camera, Discover Nav Pro

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1879 on: 13 January 2014, 19:37 »
Welcome! :afro: looks crackin!, one question though, haven't you just covered the numbers on your reg? ???
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂