Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1166588 times)

Offline Phil 117

• GTI forum regular
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1680 on: 22 November 2013, 19:38 »
Now need to start the chase for a bit of 'good will' :)

Are you trying to get good will from the dealer or VW?

If it's VW, try sending an email to this guy.

Gary Kitchin, Customer Relations Manager
Volkswagen Executive Office
Tel: 0844 375 4625
gary.kitchin@volkswagen.co.uk

You might be able to get some free accessories off them.
Recently sold my GTD.

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #1681 on: 22 November 2013, 19:49 »
Nice one Rik . She's a beut.  Dead chuffed for you!
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline adey V

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1682 on: 23 November 2013, 08:57 »
Hi guys just picked up car yesterday and need some advice on suspension. My last car was a mk 4 with 17 inch tyres so I might just not be use to the harder ride but have tried ACC in normal and then comfort - not much diff. seems rock hard to me, any bump vibrates the car and if its a pothole feels like I've been hit underneath with a hammer! Is this normal or do I need to give it time to settle down. Average mpg showing 26mpg! On the good side it's an awesome car.

Check immediately if the  transportation pucks have been removed!
Thanks for advice, have tried it in sport then over to comfort but can't feel a lot of difference. If anyone has ACC and has it set to comfort can you tell me how you find the ride, it just seems to me to be very hard when all the car mags said how good it was, I know we don't have the best of roads in Sussex but modern dampers should cope...glad I did not get 19 inch wheels!!
That's my only gripe, oh and fuel but hey its a GTI !
GTi PP 3 door DSG, carbon grey, Pan sunroof, ACC, winter pack, keyless, Pro nav. climate windscreen, advance phone prep.

Offline GTI_Redpath

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1683 on: 24 November 2013, 14:48 »
Well, finally picked mine up friday. Don't think I can say anymore than what everyone else has been saying. If your thinking about cancelling, DON'T. Well worth the wait!

Surprise for me is how well the adaptive cruise control works! even with a manual you can dip the clutch down and change gear when it slows down too much when the clutch comes back up the cruise control takes over again, VERY intuitive. Simply awesome car!

one minor thing, i do have a little moisture in the headlights. going to leave it a week to see if it clears up. if not, i'll be taking it to the dealers to have a look

other than that, BRILLIANT!

« Last Edit: 24 November 2013, 14:50 by GTI_Redpath »
MK7 Golf GTI Performance, 3 Door, Manual, DBP, Dynaudio, Service Pack

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #1684 on: 24 November 2013, 16:16 »
Congrats GTI_Redpath.

The moisture/condensation on the headlights is quite common with the xenons.  Has been mentioned here previously in a few posts but is not something to be concerned about -  it should dissappear a short while after you start the car and drive.
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #1685 on: 25 November 2013, 08:45 »
That looks tremendous in Black! Is that DBP or the standard black? I chose Tornado Red but I'm starting to think black would look amazing too!  :rolleyes:
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1686 on: 25 November 2013, 10:06 »
Hi guys just picked up car yesterday and need some advice on suspension. My last car was a mk 4 with 17 inch tyres so I might just not be use to the harder ride but have tried ACC in normal and then comfort - not much diff. seems rock hard to me, any bump vibrates the car and if its a pothole feels like I've been hit underneath with a hammer! Is this normal or do I need to give it time to settle down. Average mpg showing 26mpg! On the good side it's an awesome car.

Check immediately if the  transportation pucks have been removed!
Thanks for advice, have tried it in sport then over to comfort but can't feel a lot of difference. If anyone has ACC and has it set to comfort can you tell me how you find the ride, it just seems to me to be very hard when all the car mags said how good it was, I know we don't have the best of roads in Sussex but modern dampers should cope...glad I did not get 19 inch wheels!!
That's my only gripe, oh and fuel but hey its a GTI !

There is a definate difference between sport and comfort mate, with comfort there is a lot of suspension travel and almost feels boat like sometimes!! Don't drive it too long without getting it checked for the transport pucks, you'll be doing more damage.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline GTI_Redpath

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1687 on: 25 November 2013, 16:41 »
That looks tremendous in Black! Is that DBP or the standard black? I chose Tornado Red but I'm starting to think black would look amazing too!  :rolleyes:

thanks its DBP. looks even better in person!
MK7 Golf GTI Performance, 3 Door, Manual, DBP, Dynaudio, Service Pack

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1688 on: 25 November 2013, 19:38 »
After having a few black cars I said I'd never own one again (too much Maintenence), but I have to admit that DBP one of yours looks stunning !
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1689 on: 25 November 2013, 19:47 »
There's something about black GTIs  :cool: :drool: :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner