Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1165548 times)

Offline monsta

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1470 on: 19 October 2013, 12:42 »
Love the colour  :smiley:

I second that, wondering if I should've gone Limestone now....

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #1471 on: 19 October 2013, 15:34 »
Limestone does look better in the GTI than lesser models - although CSG is still my colour of choice!
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #1472 on: 19 October 2013, 15:58 »
Brenbo, get back in touch with your dealer mate. You should of been given both cables with the car. Shouldn't of had to swap one.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #1473 on: 19 October 2013, 17:20 »
Although I don't need the iphone cable as don't have an iphone neither will I ever own one, not an Apple fan.  I will get it back just on principle.  The only thing that was a bit weird was how on earth they managed to try and fit a left hand drive dash piece in to a right hand drive dashboard.  I know my car was a Friday build, so I will put it down to that, but when I post the photo youwill think it really retarded to ever think it was acceptable to pass the car at the factory.  It dose stand out like a sore thumb once you notice it.  I will get this sorted asap.  Dealer is aware and will sort.  Even they thought it was a bit weird.  May post photo tomorrow if I go out tomorrow to get photos. 

I have just come back from driving it a bit more.  I am definitely sold on getting VW again.  This car is awesome. Although on paper it is only 0.2 secs faster than my previous car (Civic Type-R), it actually feels a lot faster without being blatant about it.  It produces it's speed in a dignified manner not just all or nothing. 

I did run in the problem earlier with the Auto Brake not disengaging as I had not put my seat belt.  But once I worked out what was wrong I don't think I will do it again. 

I had to pick up the car on the wettest day we have had all year. It has just absolutely chucked it down, with Thunder and Lightening to boot.  The car is looking a little filthy now and not in the good sense of the word. Will order some cleaning products tonight and give it some care and attention when it gets dryer. 

Oryx White is a fantastic colour.  It's not so much pearlescent, but more a silky sheen on the white when you catch it in certain light. 

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #1474 on: 19 October 2013, 19:55 »
Finally got around to cleaning it. Clayed with Bilt Hamber Soft, polished with Menzerna, sealed with Prima Amigo and waxed with Victoria Concours...

Tornado Red GTI 3dr manual

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)

Offline Nairn1980

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1475 on: 19 October 2013, 20:19 »
I love your TR GTI that's a beauty!! Congratulations!!

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #1476 on: 19 October 2013, 21:12 »
Wow.

That looks fantastic.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #1477 on: 19 October 2013, 22:13 »
Thanks! It looks better in the metal than in those crappy phone pics.
Tornado Red GTI 3dr manual

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #1478 on: 20 October 2013, 20:43 »
That luks gud - u put a lot of hrs work in2 it.
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline MkVIIGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1479 on: 22 October 2013, 17:10 »
My new MkVII Tornado Red, collected over a week ago... been driving a few days now and can safety say its a very very good car.

Golf MkVII GTD Tornado Red, DSG, Leather, Rear Camera, Keyless