Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1165841 times)

Offline 5552north

• Not said much yet
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1460 on: 17 October 2013, 19:37 »
is it CSG , or do you all get attacked with bird sh!t. Seems to be a new one every day, yesterday's was right across door handle.

Didn't have this trouble with my white mk 6 or red ed30

I live on the upper banks of the Tyne, above the fish quay and the seagulls do seem to target blue, grey and black cars.
I live on the upper banks of the Tyne, above the fish quay and the seagulls do seem to target blue, grey and black cars.
[/quote]

MH - Don't suppose you can see a 3 door in white sitting in a car park at Tyne Dock??  My car has arrived in the UK!  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 17 October 2013, 19:38 by 5552north »

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1461 on: 18 October 2013, 07:52 »
is it CSG , or do you all get attacked with bird sh!t. Seems to be a new one every day, yesterday's was right across door handle.

MH - Don't suppose you can see a 3 door in white sitting in a car park at Tyne Dock??  My car has arrived in the UK!  :smiley:
[/quote]

Could ask one of my neighbours, he is a gaffer for ship loading/unloading operations at Tyne Dock - mainly dealing with the export of Nissans. I can almost see the Dockside around Royal Quays where cars are held, from the end of my street.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1462 on: 18 October 2013, 16:29 »

Great to see another Oryx White car in the recent photos.  I have just been told again how much attention my car is getting at VW Exeter. It must be one of their first GTI Mk7 cars, demo not included.

I went by VW Exeter yesterday having seen your post but couldn't see the car.
They did have a red three door GTD being prepared with all its transport stuff still on it and a rather mean looking black GTD was parked up too.
They had a really nice looking GTI in CSG with Santiagos in there last week which looked the b*ll*cks.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline 5552north

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1463 on: 18 October 2013, 18:37 »

Could ask one of my neighbours, he is a gaffer for ship loading/unloading operations at Tyne Dock - mainly dealing with the export of Nissans. I can almost see the Dockside around Royal Quays where cars are held, from the end of my street.
[/quote]

Ha, thanks but no need, my car is on its way to the dealership!  Will collect it next weekend all being well.   :laugh:  Thanks for the offer though, appreciated.

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #1464 on: 18 October 2013, 19:14 »
Car was booked into vw birmingham. They had a 5 door white gti in the delivery wrapping and a 3 door tr gti in te collection bay. If that's anyone on here
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline CBRT

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1465 on: 19 October 2013, 07:09 »
Finally !

And wow love it!!! Better than expected !

2013 MK7 Golf GTI
1995 MK3 VR6 GTI Engineering
2003 M3 Coupe
2002 GSXR 750
1995 MK3 CL 1.6l (for sale)

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #1466 on: 19 October 2013, 08:35 »
Nice  :smiley:  :smiley:

Is that Limestone grey?
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline CBRT

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1467 on: 19 October 2013, 09:29 »
Nice  :smiley:  :smiley:

Is that Limestone grey?

Yes I initially wanted the carbon but as it turns out this is a nicer grey- my rs6 is Daytona grey so both a nice grey :)
2013 MK7 Golf GTI
1995 MK3 VR6 GTI Engineering
2003 M3 Coupe
2002 GSXR 750
1995 MK3 CL 1.6l (for sale)

Offline Rob916

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1468 on: 19 October 2013, 10:36 »
Love the colour  :smiley:
Gti, 5 door, carbon grey, keyless, discover nav, winter pack. Gone and missed, tornado red Gtd dsg.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #1469 on: 19 October 2013, 11:31 »
I have just picked up my long awaited Golf GTI Performance and what else can I say other than...   Wow!

I have found one minor issue, but I got it arranged to be sorted as soon as I got home.  The piece of black plastic between the air vents (centre of dashboard) where the hazard warning light button resides is a left hand drive piece rather than a right hand drive piece.  this means the top angle of the piece of plastic is the opposite direction to the rest of the dash.  I only noticed when i got near home from a 40+ mile trip home from the dealer.  They have said they will change it and were a bit miffed as to why it ever happened in the first place. 

The wiper blades is another minor issue at present.  There is definitely something on the windscreen or just naff wiper blades.  The travel of the blades over the windscreen is not the smoothest.  I am guessing this will improve as it wears in.  If not I will maybe change them later on as others have mentioned.  However it is not a big deal and does not happen all the time.

Minor issues aside this car is awesome.  I previously owned a Civic Type-R Championship White and 3 other Type-R's prior to that.  The power in those cars was all top end so you had to rev the hell out of it to around 6000rpm - 7000rpm to get the full 200bhp out of the car, which was fun but the transistion of speed was more gradual than the Golf.  The Golf GTI however is completely different to drive.  I just touch the pedal and there is a smooth but potent enough injection of power., more so than the Type-R's.  It also does not feel like it is going to plateau in performance at any point.  It just keeps on going.  Let's just say on my drive home I was going a lot fast than I ever imagined I was and was only doing 3000rpm to 4000rpm cruising down the dual carriageway.  You willdefinitely have to keep an eye on your speedo at all times.

Average consumption on the way home (first drive) was 25-27mpg).  So not bad compared to my Civic but not the report 40+mpg by VW.  I suspect it will get better as time goes on and I run it in.

The seats and interior are second to none. It is really a nice place to be.  Plastics (apart form the wrong piece between my air vents) are the highest grade I have seen so far in a car I have either owned or been a passenger in. 

The Nav Pro is an awesome piece of kit. I do not own an iphone so I swapped the iphone cable for a USB cable and plugged in my audio file USB Flash Drive without issues.  Even album art displays fine.  The Dynaudio I have not official tested at an audible level to see how they are.  I will do this in a minute.  But overall I am impressed with the overall package. 

Just one warning you cannot get touch up sticks for the Oryx White paint.  I was told I could only get a spray can.  However what I can do is spray a bit in to a container and dip a brush or corner of a piece of card and use that to touch up chips.  I know it will never be perfect with pearlescent paint.  But to touch up a stone chip is better than leaving it exposed to rust. 

I do not have photos at present as it was raining on my way home so not ideal.  I am going to obtain new cleaning equipment and give it a damn good clean when we get our next dry spell of weather.

I had concerns about using the Auto Brake and Stop Start for the first time.  But once shown it is really great, and I was used to it by the time I left the forecourt to go home.  Although I still found myself reaching down a couple times for a manual handbrake that just was not there.

I will give it a drive later on and test it out a bit more.  But all in all I am really impressed, wrong plastic on dash aside.

Will keep you posted as I get more used to all the gadgets etc, on the car.