Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1165478 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1310 on: 06 October 2013, 15:00 »
Looks awesome mate! Make sure you've got the red collar lead if you're having trouble with your iPhone, it works a treat.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1311 on: 06 October 2013, 15:49 »
That Oryx looks really good.  Could instantly see it was something more than the PW in the first pic, bet its even better in person.  Congrats. :wink:

Offline MM087

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1312 on: 06 October 2013, 16:15 »
Cant wait for my Oryx GTD  :laugh:

Offline rocknob

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1313 on: 06 October 2013, 19:23 »
@Hawaii-Five-O The Scirocco is also electronic power steering. Could be the variable tooth steering rack.
Current Car :  Tornado Red VW Golf GTI DSG DCC ParkAssist Xenons

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1314 on: 06 October 2013, 22:44 »

I too share your concerns about the GTI driving position being higher than the Scirocco + slightly less connected to the Tarmac (still bought one though). It could be the electronic steering which will take some getting used to and is very different than the mechanical old school Scirocco.

Hopefully it is just a case of getting used to the steering.  The straight line speed and torque is actually pretty incredible.  Overtaking takes no effort whatsoever.

In terms of the cornering, just felt the Scirocco would really dig its wheels in on the corners and you could feel it pulling itself out.  I've pushed the Golf hard'ish around a couple of corners and it didn't struggle pulling out, but I didn't have as much confidence in it.

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #1315 on: 07 October 2013, 09:43 »
Here's my new baby, picked her up this afternoon. First impressions - GRRREATTT !  :cool: :cool: :cool:

Nice to see a CSG instead of White.  Congrats, looks fantastic - can't wait to get mine next month!

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1316 on: 07 October 2013, 12:54 »
I also came from a Scirocco, and know exactly what you are saying. The Scirocco felt low and squat, whereas the Golf felt like.....well a Golf. However, after a few weeks I started to realise just how good this MK7 MQB chassis really is, and how old the MK5 chassis (that the Rocco is built on) really is.

The Rocco (even with DCC) would quite often crash into potholes, and did have a tendency for understeer, whereas the GTD, is just brilliant. The DCC in comfort mode just feels like you are driving a limousine, and in sport mode, it just grips like a limpet, no understeer, no screeching of tyres, no fuss, just round and onto the next bend. I've learned over the last few weeks to really trust the chassis and the variable ratio steering, and when you do, you realise just how much quicker the car is across country than the Scirocco (and I absolutely loved that car).
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

dervy

« Reply #1317 on: 08 October 2013, 09:58 »
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any pictures of a white GTD with a pano roof? (Their own cars rather than showroom ones). I have one on order and would like to see one for real. Not see any pictures of pano-roofs yet!

The wait for my car is killing me!

Cheers...
you can see mine on page 29 of this thread

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #1318 on: 08 October 2013, 20:35 »
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any pictures of a white GTD with a pano roof? (Their own cars rather than showroom ones). I have one on order and would like to see one for real. Not see any pictures of pano-roofs yet!

The wait for my car is killing me!

Cheers...
you can see mine on page 29 of this thread

Actually I just picked my GTD today! Here are some quick crappy pics, but I love this machine!

Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #1319 on: 08 October 2013, 20:49 »
Very nice Valenni,  the GTD silver stripe, wheels and pano roof are a winning combo
« Last Edit: 08 October 2013, 20:59 by dippy_x »
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13