Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1165764 times)

Offline Simon C

• Not said much yet
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1230 on: 26 September 2013, 16:13 »
I was out at lunchtime (had an errand to run into the town centre). One the way out, I approached a set of traffic lights which were on red. It was a dual carriageway and I was in the inside lane about 3 cars back from the lights.

In the outside lane approached a Black 10 plate Focus ST, loaded with young lads (4 up). You know the sort, blacked out (totally) rear windows, black allows, big bore exhaust. Well quite worryingly, as they approached the back of my car they stopped, a good 30 feet from the lights and held up the cars behind. I looked in my mirror to see what they were doing and they were all pointing at my car with both passenger side windows now opened. Very slowly (like 2 miles per hour), they gradually drew level with me, and the front passenger, with a big grin on his face, just shouted to me "niceeeeeeeee" and gave me thumbs up. Moments later they were gone, doing about 70 in a 40 zone !

That's about the 4th time something like that has happened. These MK7's seem to be drawing lots of admiring looks  :smiley:

How the hell did you not nail it from the lights and show them up!?  No way I could of resisted it!  Obviously only up to 40mph mind....  :whistle:

Ha ha, just pictured the scene - brilliant!

As for the drag race, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was a fact that the naughty chav mobile that is the ST had a better 0-60 more like 6 seconds compared to the gti which is half a second slower. However, I take on board that the 4 lads may have added some weight.

So would the race between norbreck and the ST actually have gone in our favour? this is where we need the vote function....who wins - norbreck or ST.??

Note - chavs probably averaged just 9 stone each  :grin:
Letting my heart rule and not my head - GTI Mark 7 arrived: 3dr, 19" Santiago, sat nav, pure white.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1231 on: 26 September 2013, 16:18 »
As for the drag race, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was a fact that the naughty chav mobile that is the ST had a better 0-60 more like 6 seconds compared to the gti which is half a second slower.

ST3 is 0-60 in 6.5 secs.  If Norbreck has the PP then his GTI will do it in 6.4 (6.5 otherwise) - but its closer to 6 to be honest in reality - so the extra weight of 4 chavs means he would have p!ssed on them!  :laugh:

Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1232 on: 26 September 2013, 16:22 »
As for the drag race, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was a fact that the naughty chav mobile that is the ST had a better 0-60 more like 6 seconds compared to the gti which is half a second slower.

ST3 is 0-60 in 6.5 secs.  If Norbreck has the PP then his GTI will do it in 6.4 (6.5 otherwise) - but its closer to 6 to be honest in reality - so the extra weight of 4 chavs means he would have p!ssed on them!  :laugh:

Norbreak is in a GTD, so 7.5 seconds officially?  Or do we reckon the GTD is closer to 7?  And I guess he is in the running in period making it possibly a little slower and he probably didn't want to give it full revs just yet.  However, he does have the DSG and when he has run it in my money would probably be on his GTD to embarrass the ST!

Although, depends which model ST doesn't it?  I assume a mk2.  Also if they've modified it, that could work for or against! hehe.

Interestingly, the new Fiesta ST (which I think is a damn good car) also has a quoted 7.5 second 0-60.  So a GTD vs a Fiesta ST should be a pretty interesting race!
« Last Edit: 26 September 2013, 16:25 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1233 on: 26 September 2013, 16:30 »
We don't know how heavy Norbreck is either. He may have to disclose this vital info  :grin:

For all we know he could be the weight of 4 chavs. Only joking pal
« Last Edit: 26 September 2013, 16:33 by CraigW »

Offline Simon C

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1234 on: 26 September 2013, 16:31 »
Will be interesting to see our new GTD/I owners now tell us how they have got on in races up and down the country.....sounds like a potential new thread!
Letting my heart rule and not my head - GTI Mark 7 arrived: 3dr, 19" Santiago, sat nav, pure white.

Offline Hobojim

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1235 on: 26 September 2013, 16:36 »
A modded old mk2 ST is a dangerous thing! they are ridiculously fast, and the 5 pot gives them a good torque advantage too. Seriously watch out for them! I was going to get one, but no cruise control and hefty tax made me change my mind.

Offline lambo1984

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1236 on: 26 September 2013, 16:39 »
Great write up Misterp looking forward to the pics. Mine arrived at the dealers 2day and i pick up next thrusday getting excited now so i hope it all worth the wait. :grin:

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1237 on: 26 September 2013, 17:03 »
We don't know how heavy Norbreck is either. He may have to disclose this vital info  :grin:

You can buggar off........nosey bast*rd  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

And yes, as Bill said, I'm still running the GTD in at the moment so wouldn't have raced him yet anyway. But I tell you what, even though I'm taking it easy, even at this very light mileage, the GTD feels bloody quicker than 7.5 seconds !

**edit**

Gotta be quick to catch me out bill....unless your a chav driving a focus ST  :grin:
« Last Edit: 26 September 2013, 17:06 by Norbreck21a »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1238 on: 26 September 2013, 17:04 »

You can buggar off........nosey bast*rd  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Bit harsh there.

Heh heh, I think you quoted the wrong post!  Its Craig who needs to bugger off right? :whistle:

EDIT: You ninja'd me there with that correction! :laugh:

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #1239 on: 26 September 2013, 17:05 »

Norbreak is in a GTD, so 7.5 seconds officially?  Or do we reckon the GTD is closer to 7?  And I guess he is in the running in period making it possibly a little slower and he probably didn't want to give it full revs just yet.  However, he does have the DSG and when he has run it in my money would probably be on his GTD to embarrass the ST!

Although, depends which model ST doesn't it?  I assume a mk2.  Also if they've modified it, that could work for or against! hehe.

Interestingly, the new Fiesta ST (which I think is a damn good car) also has a quoted 7.5 second 0-60.  So a GTD vs a Fiesta ST should be a pretty interesting race!

Well a video on YouTube records a GTD 0-60 in 6.8 seconds which is impressive
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)