Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1165664 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1120 on: 20 September 2013, 14:16 »
...the sound actuator sounds pretty 'Naff' on start up and at low revs. Above 3k rpm it sounds absolutely awesome, but when poodling around in Sport Mode it does sound very artificial and unnatural indeed. Anyone else notice this?

Yeah I noticed it on my test drive but ended up sticking it normal mode when driving around...

It does sound better on my Scirocco 170TDI throughout the rev range, but I’m quite used to it now. I’d rather put up with it than switch “engine” to “normal” in the “individual” driving mode and have to put up with dulled throttle pedal response because you cannot separate actuator from throttle response to turn the actuator off but leave throttle response in “sport”.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #1121 on: 20 September 2013, 14:17 »
Mh quick question does the gtechniq sealant need to be applied under shade I know it says not in direct sunlight but does that include overcast days.

It was overcast and threatening rain when I applied mine. Overcast will be fine. I’m sure the direct sunlight issue is to stop the product cooking onto your paintwork rather than allowing it enough time as a liquid to form covalent bonds.

If it’s dry and overcast then none of your bodywork should be hot to the touch and you’ll be fine. If it is a sunny day when you want to apply then you should find a bit of shade.You might be surprised at the amount of effort required to rub the residues off (nervously rubbing the roof as hard as I dared without making it flex). Don’t forget to treat your cloth/pad or whatever you’re putting the stuff on with the day before with some interior protector – a hydrophobic microfibre pad means far less product used. Spray a little onto the cloth and rub onto the car. If you spray directly onto the car for a whole panel you can lose track of how much you are spraying and spray too much on. If you use it sensibly you should be talking 60-80mL per coat and probably go through 3 microfibre cloths rubbing the residues off (it disperses so much you will get to the point where you are spreading it around rather than rubbing the excess off and will have to change cloths. Do all your external plastics as well as the bodywork. In fact, you can do everything externally except the windscreen (the other glass is fine).

Iv not bought any interior protector may have to invest in some. I have the leather cleaner instead.
« Last Edit: 20 September 2013, 14:25 by Misterp »
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1122 on: 20 September 2013, 15:10 »
Iv not bought any interior protector may have to invest in some. I have the leather cleaner instead.

Maybe use something soft but not massively absorbent to rub the C2V3 on – or worst case use a very small terry/microfibre cloth to minimise absorbance of product that stops it getting on the car.

You want more on the car than trapped in the cloth. C2V3 can go a long way if the cloth isn’t holding onto it all.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #1123 on: 20 September 2013, 16:46 »
Great write up Matchboy and as mentioned earlier great taste in music.  Sirens of the sea is a classic.  Listening to Mat Zo at present his stuff is also good stuff.  The pics of the car are great, it's wirite ups like yours that keep me hanging on.  I believe I have a chassis at present but at as far the rest of the car parts who knows whats involved in checkpoint 1.  I did not spec the 19" wheels as they look like a nightmare to clean but i have to say they look awesome on your car.  Best wishes with the new motor.

How does something with deep bass like Anjunadeep 5 sound on the Dynaudio in your car?

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1124 on: 20 September 2013, 16:55 »
Great write up Matchboy and as mentioned earlier great taste in music.  Sirens of the sea is a classic.  Listening to Mat Zo at present his stuff is also good stuff.  The pics of the car are great, it's wirite ups like yours that keep me hanging on.  I believe I have a chassis at present but at as far the rest of the car parts who knows whats involved in checkpoint 1.  I did not spec the 19" wheels as they look like a nightmare to clean but i have to say they look awesome on your car.  Best wishes with the new motor.

How does something with deep bass like Anjunadeep 5 sound on the Dynaudio in your car?

Thanks!  It was the real life write ups that helped me through the pain of waiting mine will help you and others!!

I'm never going to clean my own car so that's one of the reasons for the 19s!  :laugh:

I have the base just over half (with the treble just under half), the sub woofer on probably 3/4 - and it sounds absolutely immense!  No distortion, just pure bass and clarity!!  I'm going to have the tunes on LOUD on my way home and give it a proper blast!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1125 on: 20 September 2013, 18:26 »
Gave the dynaudio on mine a workout on the way home tonight (I'm much older than most  :grin:, so do I tend to favour 80's and 90's dance music). So had Robert Miles, Snap and Moloko on, and I have my equalizer set to Dynaudio Dynamic and the sub to level 4, and I thought it was going to blow the windows out.

The bass is so deep you can feel it thumping, but doesn't distort at all, and the high are so clear and pure. I absolutely love the Dynaudio and so far it one of my favorite options that I chose.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1126 on: 20 September 2013, 18:57 »
New arrival for .... the dark side. :smug:

As such I've posted the pics over in the other thread so those who want can take a peak and those who don't won't have them in their face.  Hope that is ok.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=257734.msg2384505#msg2384505

She's gorgeous and although I can't have much fun this evening (rush hour and have people over for dinner in 5mins) she runs so smooth.  Honestly I think both both this machine and the GTI are such awesome cars you just can't go wrong!

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #1127 on: 20 September 2013, 19:47 »
@ Norbreck21a, even some of the 80's and 90's dance is class.  Especially stuff like Moloko.  Without the stuff back then the trance, house an dance would not be as it is now.  Good to hear the Dynaudio sub is immense.  When the wifes not the car I tend to pump up the volume and bass.  But when she's in the car it can be almost inaudible to bats and dogs even. 

Cannot wait to my hands on my own car. 

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #1128 on: 20 September 2013, 21:14 »
Gave the dynaudio on mine a workout on the way home tonight (I'm much older than most  :grin:, so do I tend to favour 80's and 90's dance music). So had Robert Miles, Snap and Moloko on, and I have my equalizer set to Dynaudio Dynamic and the sub to level 4, and I thought it was going to blow the windows out.

The bass is so deep you can feel it thumping, but doesn't distort at all, and the high are so clear and pure. I absolutely love the Dynaudio and so far it one of my favorite options that I chose.

On my test drive I was playing Now that's what I call music 90's dance to test Dynaudio. There, I said it.

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #1129 on: 20 September 2013, 22:19 »
Kind of regret not speccing the dynaudio
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.