Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 376556 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #2320 on: 04 October 2014, 15:49 »
I had one of the very first C class's as a company car when I was 24. It was a 220 Sport Auto with a few options. I loved it. I think you adapt to the car you have, rather than driving it like you think you want to.

Probably true, but why not choose the car that's better suited to your driving style and personality in the first place, rather than you adapting to suit the car?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline phil1975

• Not said much yet
  • Candy White 61 Plate Gti
« Reply #2321 on: 04 October 2014, 16:40 »
Thats the problem, I'm 21  :embarrassed: I want something quick and precise, which is why I love the gtd at night, I can't help to wonder the merc just wont be as fun or nice to drive when I'm in the mood :(

Test drive's will be the key to this.

Car magazines always group test the c class, the 3 series and the Audi a4. The Bmw always wins for driver appeal and dynamics, the Audi has the best interior and the Mercedes the most equipment as standard.

I personally find the golf luxury enough for me with leather interior and all its equipment (I still remember no power steering, keep fit windows, 4 speed manual box, two mirrors was luxury let alone folding mirrors and air conditioning was virtually unheard of) Whilst it still has the ability to excite when required and appropriate.
« Last Edit: 04 October 2014, 16:47 by phil1975 »

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2322 on: 04 October 2014, 20:26 »
I had one of the very first C class's as a company car when I was 24. It was a 220 Sport Auto with a few options. I loved it. I think you adapt to the car you have, rather than driving it like you think you want to.

Probably true, but why not choose the car that's better suited to your driving style and personality in the first place, rather than you adapting to suit the car?

We all had them, there was no choice, but I actually really liked the car. I had my own hotish hatch, a Citroen ZX Volcane which was a hoot, but I much preferred wafting around in the Mercedes after only a few days of been given it.

We naturally adapt our driving styles to suit the vehicle we are driving. Being high up in a 4x4 or a van makes me take it easy and have a good look over the hedges as I trundle round for example.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2323 on: 04 October 2014, 20:41 »

We all had them, there was no choice, but I actually really liked the car. I had my own hotish hatch, a Citroen ZX Volcane which was a hoot, but I much preferred wafting around in the Mercedes after only a few days of been given it.

We naturally adapt our driving styles to suit the vehicle we are driving. Being high up in a 4x4 or a van makes me take it easy and have a good look over the hedges as I trundle round for example.

Agree to a point. Drove a vw camper years ago and loved the views over the Wiltshire countryside.  That said, I drive my partner's Astra van like I drive the GTI, only time it gets really pushed  :wink:

If you've got more than one car at your disposal then it's less important, but if you've only got the one daily driver, I really think it needs to suit your natural driving style. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #2324 on: 05 October 2014, 18:56 »
So we took a visit to our local VW today to enquire about possibly ordering a new R for next March.He is happy to match orangewheels maybe even better it.I am waiting for him to give me a part ex price for mine.What do you think he will offer,
 2011,Mileage is 20k (just),DSG, fairy lights,ACC,winter pack,5 doors,candy white,Sat Nav.
As he admitted,my car is mint,the wheels have no damage,new Goodyear tyres,no dents or stone chips.
With 11.7% discount the R would be £30500.
Am I being optimistic thinking he may offer 16.5k.
Will he offer more or less?Opinions much appreciated.
« Last Edit: 05 October 2014, 19:01 by AndyG »
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2325 on: 05 October 2014, 19:23 »
http://www.cap.co.uk/consumer/free-used-car-valuations

Enter the details on there you may get a shock though.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2326 on: 05 October 2014, 19:52 »
Without looking, my gut feeling is that your car is worth around £14k trade. You'd get more for it selling it privately, but anything more than that from a dealer would be discount off the new car. You can't have a big discount as well as a large over allowance.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #2327 on: 05 October 2014, 20:00 »
I will give you a laugh when he gets in touch and reveal the price for mine.
I understand you can't have your cake and eat it so as you say I can sell mine privately.
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline Dipesh2031

• GTI forum regular
  • Options bae?
« Reply #2328 on: 08 October 2014, 16:32 »
Your car sounds amazing, you'd easily be looking at 16.5k 17k on a private sale, I'd defo sell private, for a car in good condition it'll sell within a week.
MK6 GTi - Black - DSG - 18' Monza shadow - Luxury Pack - Convenience pack - Park assist - Xenons - RNS510 - Adaptive chassis control - Dynaudio - Bluetooth - Reverse camera - front/rear sensors --mods-- Evoms Intake - Eurojet/stasis Turboback Catless 3" exhaust

Offline wag29

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2329 on: 08 October 2014, 19:53 »
Hi all, I too am trying to sell my GTI rather than part ex to dealer, but unfortunately did not manage to sell in the autotrader. Mine is a 62 plate 2012 GTI 9500 miles garbon grey, full leather xenons, RCD radio, and Glendale alloys was hoping to get around £18500 for it  had nearly 4000 views in 6 weeks but no takers, but as you know that kind of money people want to buy from dealers, but they must realise to buy my car from a dealer they will have to pay top bucks!. In the end I have decided to let the dealer take it as part ex against a new GTD they offered me £18000 and 10% discount on GTD, saves all the hassle and still have a car to get around in till new one arrives approx. 3 weeks.