Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2792620 times)

Offline CraigW

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6980 on: 18 July 2017, 11:52 »
Collected the beast  :smiley: :smiley:. Pics in new arrivals

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6981 on: 18 July 2017, 11:55 »
Collected the beast  :smiley: :smiley:. Pics in new arrivals

Woohoo!  :cool:  Look forward to early thoughts. Will check out pics shortly :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #6982 on: 18 July 2017, 12:25 »
On Sunday I went on an epic road trip around some of the nicest twisty roads in Ireland with a group of fellow petrol heads. Awesome day out in the sunshine and I really got to drive the R to the best of its abilities  :cool:

Here's a cool pic (not mine) that was taken along the way:

Unfortunately the day didn't end so well though. I parked up at the end of the evening to take some pics / have a bite to eat and I came back to see this. Grrrrrrrrr! Of course there was no note left. There's just no excuse for some people is there....

« Last Edit: 18 July 2017, 13:23 by JoeGTI »
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6983 on: 18 July 2017, 13:10 »
On Sunday I went on an epic road trip around some of the nicest twisty roads in Ireland with a group of fellow petrol heads. Awesome day out in the sunshine and I really got to drive the R to the best of its abilities  :cool:

Unfortunately the day didn't end so well though. I parked up at the end of the evening to take some pics / have a bite to eat and I came back to see this. Grrrrrrrrr! Of course there was no note left. There's just no excuse for some people is there....

Nooo, Joe!  What a ******.  Feel for you.  Looks like it should be sortable but little comfort I know.  Looks a respray job.  At least you had a great day out up to that point and although the first pic is not displaying, your paintwork (scuff aside) looks amazing.
« Last Edit: 18 July 2017, 13:11 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #6984 on: 18 July 2017, 13:20 »
Ahh Joe that is lousy mate. I'm sure once you get it repaired it will be good as new  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #6985 on: 18 July 2017, 13:25 »
Thanks guys.

@Becs, the first pic should be working now. With god damn Photobucket now gone, I'm rooting around for workable alternatives!

Yeah at least the damage is confined to the bumper. No metal panels touched nor the wheel or light unit thankfully. So it is a simple repair. I've been quoted around 250 quid to get it done. Could be worse, but still an outlay I hadn't prepared for!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6986 on: 18 July 2017, 13:28 »
Thanks guys.

@Becs, the first pic should be working now. With god damn Photobucket now gone, I'm rooting around for workable alternatives!

Yeah at least the damage is confined to the bumper. No metal panels touched nor the wheel or light unit thankfully. So it is a simple repair. I've been quoted around 250 quid to get it done. Could be worse, but still an outlay I hadn't prepared for!

Yeah I can see it now, what a great pic!  Love that.

£250 sounds right, that's what mine cost when someone scuffed it in works car park.  You'll get it done quickly and forget about it. And get back to enjoying the car. Until then don't look at it, lol.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #6987 on: 18 July 2017, 13:31 »
Quote from: Booth11
£250 sounds right, that's what mine cost when someone scuffed it in works car park.  You'll get it done quickly and forget about it. And get back to enjoying the car. Until then don't look at it, lol.

Yep, I'm trying to divert my eyes from it lol. I even parked nose-to-front door at home last night so that it wouldn't be the first thing I'd see when I open the door this morning lol.

I have it booked in for next week anyway so it should be good as new within the week. Very irritating all the same.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6988 on: 18 July 2017, 14:14 »

That's a tough break Joe, a real pisser :sad:
On a happier note, that picture you posted with the fantastic red GTI leading the way nearly makes up for it :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #6989 on: 18 July 2017, 22:34 »
That is a good looking car Mr Jim.

Love the colour, love the wheels.

Thanks, after a week or so I love the colour. I originally wanted a white one but the Indium Grey really suits the Mk7.5 with red and black details. The wheels are very distinctive and easily recognisable as a GTI.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey