Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789317 times)

Offline zoom_cool

• Not said much yet
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #1040 on: 04 July 2016, 22:36 »
Can we make the Discover Media SAT Nav display Climate info Like my old Passat CC

Golf GTD Carbon Grey, with Leather,Discover Sat NAV,Winter Pack,DSG 5 Door

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1041 on: 04 July 2016, 23:09 »
Can we make the Discover Media SAT Nav display Climate info Like my old Passat CC

You can get climate info if you push the set-up button
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline zoom_cool

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1042 on: 04 July 2016, 23:27 »
It was nicer to get it to display on adjust the climate automatically I guess I will just have to press the setup button
Golf GTD Carbon Grey, with Leather,Discover Sat NAV,Winter Pack,DSG 5 Door

Offline GeoBog

• Here all the time
« Reply #1043 on: 02 October 2016, 18:20 »
It seems like the VW chaps have changed the coding of the voice control button for the cars without voice control. On my 2014 GTI the voice control button would pause/mute the music however on my 2016 GTI the button does not pause the music, it only shows that stupid message and that's about it. Does anyone know if it can be coded with VCDS to pause the music?
2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2020 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2
------------------------------------------
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1044 on: 03 October 2016, 07:53 »
It seems like the VW chaps have changed the coding of the voice control button for the cars without voice control. On my 2014 GTI the voice control button would pause/mute the music however on my 2016 GTI the button does not pause the music, it only shows that stupid message and that's about it. Does anyone know if it can be coded with VCDS to pause the music?

GeoBog: Duplicate post - so duplicaste reply!

The VC function (VW call it "Speech Dialogue System") on a MIB is enabled/disabled by Bit 1 on Byte 24 (see screenshot below).

From my experience with MIB1 units, I've found that the "stupid message" that you describe results whenever this Bit is enabled and the VC software is not installed. My suggestion is that you look in the control module @ address hex5F in your car - if this Bit is set, remove the tick.

But as I recall, when the VOICE button is pressed and VC is not present, the effect is to mute the sound - it doesn't "pause the music" as you suggest

Don

103TSI Highline ROW (my13)

Offline djwoody

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1045 on: 15 October 2016, 16:38 »
When I take my seatbelt off, my Mk7 puts the parking brake on. Is there any way to change this?

Also, can you change a setting so you don't have to press the brake to move from P to D on the DSG?

Chris

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1046 on: 15 October 2016, 22:14 »
They are both safety features so I would say it's not possible.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1047 on: 15 October 2016, 22:28 »
When I take my seatbelt off, my Mk7 puts the parking brake on. Is there any way to change this?

Also, can you change a setting so you don't have to press the brake to move from P to D on the DSG?

Chris

woody: Hi.
Seatbelt link to Brakes:  Go to the ABS module (@ address hex03) and navigate to the adaptation channel MAS02666-Seat belt buckle scan. The factory setting for this channel is activated, change not activated. If you need a security number then try one of those that I list HERE

Brake interlock to Park
: I don't know, but I suspect that the interlock is in the tranny control module firmware - not something that VCDS can access

Don
« Last Edit: 15 October 2016, 22:38 by dv52 »

Offline djwoody

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1048 on: 16 October 2016, 14:55 »

Chris

Seatbelt link to Brakes:  Go to the ABS module (@ address hex03) and navigate to the adaptation channel MAS02666-Seat belt buckle scan. The factory setting for this channel is activated, change not activated. If you need a security number then try one of those that I list HERE

Brake interlock to Park
: I don't know, but I suspect that the interlock is in the tranny control module firmware - not something that VCDS can access

Don

I have changed the Seat belt buckle scan to Not Activated and unfortunately this has not cured it.

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1049 on: 17 October 2016, 08:45 »

Chris

Brake interlock to Park

Don

I have changed the Seat belt buckle scan to Not Activated and unfortunately this has not cured it.

Bummer- the title of the adaptation channel was so close to what you wanted- I felt sure that it would work. Guess the answer must be in the code-string for the ABS unit, which ain't good because there are no explanations as to what the Bits actually do.

Don