Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789347 times)

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #320 on: 16 January 2014, 10:27 »
That is irrelevant in this context, either way, even though I referenced a Briskoda member for his contribution of accurate code posting, it does not, unfortunately, mean everything this member may say throughout the internet is to be taken as gospel.

This doesn't change my preference toward cheap cables, and that's what it is, my preference. I have not advised anyone else what they should do nor have advised against the product in general. People will make their own minds up.

If you don't wish for your posts to be suspected of a spamming nature, may I suggest you rephrase most of it.

I wouldnt say rephrase, thats better english than i speak deutsche, but the way its laid out with the lines and stuff looks spammish.

Also, those cables arent cheap at 200 euro's and may work but ive just had a look at that VCP forum thing and it has a suspiciously low number of members...

I wasn't referring to the language used, the english is very good, but I was referring to the references to how VCDS is inadequate for functions we have already enabled and tested, and how this other tool just so happens to solve all "problems".

WRT cheap:

Why VCP ?

- project started in 2008, continously updated
- unique Guided functions OCF (OneClickFunction)
- First in the world 3rd party cheap flasher for VW
- First in the world 3rd party cheap flasher supporting UDS
- First in the world ESP MK60EC1 offline coding solution
- First in the world 3rd party cheap Diagnose tool supporting fully MQB (Golf VII, Octavia III). Support since 01.2013
- First in the world 3rd party cheap Diagnose tool supporting Parameter (ZDC) upload
- First in the world VIM solution for Discover Pro and MMI-MQB

..I was taking it from their website.

I'll hold back for now.

The forums does look very quiet indeed..especially considering it's been used for years in Europe.  :huh:

They need to work on their definition of cheap then
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #321 on: 16 January 2014, 11:27 »
Full DRL Brightness for Parking Light/ CH/ LH

When parking lights are enabled from the main light switch next to the steering wheel, the DRLs enter a lower power state which is 1/4 of the total brightness. Coincidently, this is also the same setting used for the DRLs in CH/ LH function  :smiley:

If you wish, this can be changed to 100% brightness (the same as DRLs when switch in Auto and daylight), which does look quite nice with the LED fogs when unlocking from a distance at night.

To do this:

Go into [09] Central Electronics
Go to Secuity Access and enter 31347
Go into Adaptation

Change the following channels..

'(10)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert CD 2' from 26 to 100
'(10)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert CD 3' from 26 to 100

Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline triumph61

• Just got here
« Reply #322 on: 16 January 2014, 11:33 »
You are right to the vcp-forum with low members. But, the Forum starts at Fr 10. Jan 2014, 15:15. So after 6days it is normal that no so many members are registrated. Look at the User Mati, he is the engineer of VCP. He is ONLY a User not Admin or Mod. It is only a privat Forum for VCP User to commit with other. We don´t sell the Software and the cable. You can only get the package direktly or by distributors (listet on the HP)
The OBD cable is a normal one, the dongle is a the spezial USB Stick. I also don´t want you to buy the Package, i only want you to tell that there are alternative Produkts that can do more than VCDS.
The PR-Coder works like the programming in the Factory (EOL EndOfLine) If you want "Müdigkeitserkennung" ~wearniss regionation to active, that is also possible about the PR-Coding feature.
Guys, you told it is Spam that it is possible to coding the RLS with VCP, here is a Foto with the coding.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5INjAze86wxdkg4Ukstd2s2TzA/edit?usp=sharing
and here the video, it is a Octavia 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0DY5ueAdh4Y

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #323 on: 16 January 2014, 11:49 »
Full DRL Brightness for Parking Light/ CH/ LH

When parking lights are enabled from the main light switch next to the steering wheel, the DRLs enter a lower power state which is 1/4 of the total brightness. Coincidently, this is also the same setting used for the DRLs in CH/ LH function  :smiley:

If you wish, this can be changed to 100% brightness (the same as DRLs when switch in Auto and daylight), which does look quite nice with the LED fogs when unlocking from a distance at night.

To do this:

Go into [09] Central Electronics
Go to Secuity Access and enter 31347
Go into Adaptation

Change the following channels..

'(10)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert CD 2' from 26 to 100
'(10)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert CD 3' from 26 to 100

Sorry Jive explain this one again for me, as i was thinking the other day; do my DRL's actually look noticable when the dipped beam is on? are you saying they are on 100% when dipped or 40%?

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #324 on: 16 January 2014, 12:17 »
Hi Graham, of course. As far as my findings go and currently aware (and I am most likely going to be wrong..) the DRLs are only full brightness when acting in the specific 'Daytime Running Light' mode, i.e. when it's a daylight, in all other modes, such as side lights/ parking lights/ dipped beam/ full beam I believe the DRL is at this lower 26% value.

I haven't confirmed my findings completely yet (I can confirm they come on full brightness for the LH function), but intend to check this out tonight by reducing the value right down to 10% and try each of the various lighting modes to see when the DRL adopts this setting.
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #325 on: 16 January 2014, 12:49 »
Hi Graham, of course. As far as my findings go and currently aware (and I am most likely going to be wrong..) the DRLs are only full brightness when acting in the specific 'Daytime Running Light' mode, i.e. when it's a daylight, in all other modes, such as side lights/ parking lights/ dipped beam/ full beam I believe the DRL is at this lower 26% value.

I haven't confirmed my findings completely yet (I can confirm they come on full brightness for the LH function), but intend to check this out tonight by reducing the value right down to 10% and try each of the various lighting modes to see when the DRL adopts this setting.

Id be very interested to see if this is true. what is the point in having these fancy drl's if they dont show up at night. However will the person in front know to get out of the way lol. Please keep us informed

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #326 on: 16 January 2014, 20:39 »

Id be very interested to see if this is true. what is the point in having these fancy drl's if they dont show up at night. However will the person in front know to get out of the way lol. Please keep us informed

Confirmed this tonight. Put the DRL 'sidelight' mode brightness down to 20% on the left only, and put low beam, high beam, and sidelights on. The left was dimmer in all these modes suggesting that what I said above is holds true: DRLs are only full brightness during the day. I think this is true for a lot of LED DRLs come to think of it.

I've upped mine to 100%  :laugh: :cool:

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #327 on: 16 January 2014, 21:58 »
So when using sidelights you can have the DRL's at 100% brightness?

Normally always drive with sidelights on so people can see me from behind!
Current // Golf GTD 3dr DSG - Carbon Grey | Discovery Nav Pro, Keyless Entry, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack
Previous // Polo GTI 6r - Black | Xenons, MFSW, Winter Pack, Sensor Pack, Convenience Pack, Climate Control, RNS 510 w/Bluetooth

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #328 on: 16 January 2014, 22:13 »
So when using sidelights you can have the DRL's at 100% brightness?

Normally always drive with sidelights on so people can see me from behind!

Yep, the above achieves this. Or, you can use another well known tweak to have your sidelights on with DRL. This would essentially achieve the same thing but not require you to select 'sidelights' from the switch and keep it in auto..

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #329 on: 16 January 2014, 22:28 »
Good I'll get this done when I go to shark as my laptop won't install the driver