Author Topic: Where can I get a Roof cover from?  (Read 1697 times)

Offline VWaxilMK1cab

• Not said much yet
  • 1992 mk1 cabrio gti
Where can I get a Roof cover from?
« on: 24 June 2003, 18:38 »
Just bought my first golf!!

a K reg Mk1 Karman Cabrio in white, and I love it!

Only thing is, the roof seems to get some hammer whilst on the motorway.

Anyone know where I can get a cover for it from?

Cheers,
Chris.

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
Re:Where can I get a Roof cover from?
« Reply #1 on: 24 June 2003, 19:46 »
If you find out where to get one can you let me know? I've been scouring ebay and the traders for a couple of months now.  ???

Offline VWaxilMK1cab

• Not said much yet
  • 1992 mk1 cabrio gti
Re:Where can I get a Roof cover from?
« Reply #2 on: 25 June 2003, 01:05 »
 >:(
Darn! Thought that'd be the answer, seeing as most of the ads for these cars say "with rare roof cover" lol

Other than that I'm very happy with the car, it just needs wheel bearings at the front (which I've bought from german swedish & french) and I think the speedo cable is making a nasty whirring noise (like a car alarm going off in the distance!-anyone else seen this b4?)

Then the suspension looks like the original stuff that it had fitted in the factory, so I'm looking for some replacements. I'd either like the standard ones, or if I go for some sports, they would have to be height aswell as dampening adjustment, as I dont want to get stuck with a go-kart!

I've just send my digi camera for repair so i only have the foto which was in the ad, but when i get it back, I'll take some pics.

I'm glad I found this site, it looks like quite an invaluable resource, and I hope to become a regular :)

Chris.