Author Topic: DTUK Pedalbox  (Read 45283 times)

Offline sadsac

• Not said much yet
Re: DTUK Pedalbox
« Reply #80 on: 07 November 2017, 15:15 »
In case anyone else is wondering about the "PerfecTune" feature on the PB+, I tried it and to be honest can't notice any difference.  No better or worse than just plug and play out of the box.

Thanks, I wondered about trying that feature but seemed a bit unnecessary to have to redline the engine whilst sitting still just to calibrate the pedalbox+?!
2016 GTD DSG deep black pearl discover pro dynaudio climate windscreen adv tel prep parking pack

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #81 on: 07 November 2017, 16:28 »
Sounds like a must have item when my R arrives
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #82 on: 07 November 2017, 16:33 »
Sounds like a must have item when my R arrives

It is.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #83 on: 08 November 2017, 00:17 »
In case anyone else is wondering about the "PerfecTune" feature on the PB+, I tried it and to be honest can't notice any difference.  No better or worse than just plug and play out of the box.

Thanks, I wondered about trying that feature but seemed a bit unnecessary to have to redline the engine whilst sitting still just to calibrate the pedalbox+?!

Unless I misinterpreted the instructions the accelerator pedal is floored with the engine off, but ignition on.  Will have to fish out the instructions to confirm.

Edit: Yep, correct.  To quote the user guide: "Turn on the ignition.  The engine does not have to be running....."
« Last Edit: 08 November 2017, 04:52 by Splashalot »
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #84 on: 08 November 2017, 08:31 »
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline JackB

• Just got here
« Reply #85 on: 08 November 2017, 10:20 »
Has anyone got experience of the DTUK pedal box alongside a DTUK tuning box?

I got my 2016 GTI PP last week and fitted the DTUK tuning box I'd had on my previous car (DTUK flashed the box with the new software obviously) which should take the car to over 300BHP, but obviously having joined this forum and seeing everybody raving about the pedal box it has got me interested in that as well.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #86 on: 08 November 2017, 11:12 »
Plenty run both on here... with grins all over
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline sadsac

• Not said much yet
« Reply #87 on: 10 November 2017, 22:21 »

Unless I misinterpreted the instructions the accelerator pedal is floored with the engine off, but ignition on.  Will have to fish out the instructions to confirm.

Edit: Yep, correct.  To quote the user guide: "Turn on the ignition.  The engine does not have to be running....."

Ah ok thanks maybe I'll try it at some point then!

I use eco mode more now as I can have good throttle response but still have the eco but I like which is the engine going in to neutral and idling when you take you foot off the accelerator
2016 GTD DSG deep black pearl discover pro dynaudio climate windscreen adv tel prep parking pack

Offline BristolBob

• Not said much yet
« Reply #88 on: 08 March 2018, 15:29 »
I ordered one of these yesterday afternoon from DTUK and it arrived this morning via Royal Mail Special Delivery.

https://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/products-overview/?key=DTUK+Pedal+Box+Plus

It took me about half an hour to fit using Booth11's excellent instructions here...........

http://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/13010-mk7-r-how-to-fit-a-dtuk-pedalbox/

I had no problems unplugging or reconnecting any of the plugs/sockets as mentioned in this and other forums and the device is now sat in the small glove box by the driver's right knee. It definitely makes everything easier if you remove the small panel to the left of the OBD-11 socket - it requires a T15 torx bit. A small torch and a soft mat to lie on definitely facilitate the procedure.

I have had a short drive round the block and the accelerator pedal definitely seems more responsive. A more comprehensive road-test will follow tomorrow when I have more time.

Golf GTI 7.5 PP DSG 2017

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #89 on: 08 March 2018, 19:11 »
It's even easier if you just remove that little cubby box and put your hand in through there to connect the plug. Two minutes and it's fitted.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17