Author Topic: EASY STEERING - POWER OR NOT?  (Read 996 times)

Offline yzzidog

• Not said much yet
EASY STEERING - POWER OR NOT?
« on: 30 October 2006, 15:59 »
 :smiley:
Seen an auction (just finished) on Ebay for a US-spec cabbie with power steering and other dribbleables.
Now, main reason my wife won't drive a Golf cabbie is because she finds the steering tough (and it can be, although that makes Golfs infinitely chuckable, no?) - anyway (sorry about Rabbiting on) but I'd like the missus to have a Golf: does anyone out there know of a power rack for the Mk1 cabbie? Seen it in action? Easy fit or nightmare? And reliable or fragile??

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
Re: EASY STEERING - POWER OR NOT?
« Reply #1 on: 30 October 2006, 16:21 »
Someone does a power steering kit for the mk1 but I can't remember who it is, (someone else may remember, or you could do a search in this section) but it's not cheap, about £1200ish, although I'v enever seen one or driven a car with one in so I can't comment. Does it have to be a mk1 for the wife ? You could talk her round to a mk3 cab maybe.
......now officially dubless.

Offline yzzidog

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 30 October 2006, 17:01 »
...but how can anyone enjoy driving a Mk3? Many thanks for info! Must post a pic of my Rivage once it's been washed.

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #3 on: 30 October 2006, 22:21 »
...but how can anyone enjoy driving a Mk3? Many thanks for info! Must post a pic of my Rivage once it's been washed.

I agree with you totally I was just trying to think of a cab with power steering ! :grin: Shhh, some of the mk3 boys come in this section sometime. :wink: Oh yeah, and get some pics up, we love pics on this site. :cool:
......now officially dubless.