Author Topic: 16" Alloy Hub Adaptor??  (Read 1022 times)

Offline golf cabry

• Not said much yet
16" Alloy Hub Adaptor??
« on: 06 July 2004, 23:58 »
I have a set of 16" 7J ET37 OZ alloys that i'd like to put on my Mk1 Cabriolet but having spoke to the guy down at halfords, he says that there are no hub adapters to allow these wheels to fit the hub. Can anoyone tell me if this is true, or if not, where I could get some?

Cheers

Offline VWnut

• GTI forum regular
Re:16" Alloy Hub Adaptor??
« Reply #1 on: 07 July 2004, 09:57 »
Why won't they go on? Are they a 5 stud pattern?
If so i wouldn't bother with hub adapters, they are gunna cost around ?200. Try and find a set that are 4 stud, the golf fitment is quite common.

Offline golf cabry

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 07 July 2004, 10:52 »
They are 4 stud PCD100 fitment but the hub is much smaller than the wheel hole diameter and therefore the wheel does not sit on the hub, but is only held on by the 4 bolts. This is not good as it means the bolts are in shear as well as in tension.

Anyone?

Cheers

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
« Reply #3 on: 07 July 2004, 11:43 »
would it be possible to put a spacer between the wheel an hub, thus pushing the aperture away?
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture

Offline mk1

• I live here
  • 2ltr16v turbo (now with programmable EFI)
« Reply #4 on: 08 July 2004, 22:28 »
Are'nt the wheel bolts in shear when you brake or accelerate hard? or am I missing something :-\. As for the centre where the hole in the wheel is larger than the the hub, what is the problem?, some cars don't have a spigot?(is that what it is called?) to hang the wheel on when fitting. They rely on the wheel bolts-studs to centre the wheel, not the spigot. I don't know a lot about wheel and tyre stuff, but neither do the guys that should, in my opinion.
Steve.