Author Topic: Golf GTD lead time  (Read 21057 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: Golf GTD lead time
« Reply #10 on: 20 April 2011, 14:05 »
I was getting paranoid following this thread so I checked with my dealer today and my car is still down for a week 20 build, so I should have the car by first/second week in June. I asked him was that date likely to shift and he said no... He said he's never had a GTI/D take longer than 12-14 weeks... He's sold a few (and already delivered) to customers that were ordered in Jan or Feb this year. He did mention that occasionally some extras cause delays, and he'd checked that mine are OK... I've ordered Xenons and he said those are fine.

Also mentioned that its much harder to get Polo's, as they come in from South Africa rather than Germany.

I think if I were waiting since early November I'd be wondering was it a bespoke Ferrari I'd ordered or a VW Golf...
« Last Edit: 20 April 2011, 16:09 by JoeGTI »
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline ferret2002

• Just got here
« Reply #11 on: 21 April 2011, 00:07 »
i e mailed VW head office and they responded with 16 weeks on GTD's I think the problem is more down to the fleet management guys than VW, they are next to useless and it would not surprise me if they forgot to order the car until i started chasing .  :angry:

Offline ferris

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 21 April 2011, 14:54 »
Ordered mine last week and have been told week 29 for build so should have it ready for the new reg in Sept, can't wait (but will have to!)  :smiley:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #13 on: 21 April 2011, 22:50 »
Ordered mine last week and have been told week 29 for build so should have it ready for the new reg in Sept, can't wait (but will have to!)  :smiley:

It's worth the wait, I get 57 mpg going to and from work on a light throttle and sticking to the speed limit  :wink:

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 23 April 2011, 10:56 »
I get 57 mpg going to and from work on a light throttle and sticking to the speed limit  :wink:
Well I don't.   :angry:

2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline danski

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 28 April 2011, 13:22 »
He-he, I was just on Fuelly looking at yours Keith, I`m averaging 52mpg at the mo....  :cool:
Golf GTD, 2010, 3 Door, Deep Black Pearl, Leather, RCD510, Reversing Camera, 18" Vancouvers, Storage Pack, R LED Rears, More GTECHNIQ protection than I can shake a stick at....

Offline jkp

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 28 April 2011, 19:33 »
Dropped into the stealers this afternoon but still no build date and that's me now into my 7th week since ordering. I've to go back in week 14 to see about getting a loan car.  Depending on lead times at that point I may need to give serious consideration to getting a used one or something else.  :undecided:
GTD manual, 5dr, reflex silver,

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 28 April 2011, 20:11 »
Dropped into the stealers this afternoon but still no build date and that's me now into my 7th week since ordering. I've to go back in week 14 to see about getting a loan car.  Depending on lead times at that point I may need to give serious consideration to getting a used one or something else.  :undecided:

I don't really understand that. Things must work differently in UK dealers and I thought Irish dealers were bad! I ordered a similar car as you about 8 weeks ago and I've been given build week 22. I was given that info several weeks ago and the dealer says he's rarely seen a build date pushed back once assigned in the system. Here's hoping anyway!!
« Last Edit: 28 April 2011, 20:13 by JoeGTI »
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline jkp

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 28 April 2011, 20:17 »
What they did say, was that sometimes it 'just appears' and is on time.

I agree, I would have thought the order process is the same no matter what franchise dealer is ordering with the same inputs, outputs and system feedback.

I guess as they same, time will tell.
GTD manual, 5dr, reflex silver,

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 28 April 2011, 20:21 »

My experience of ordering a new Golf GTD is;

- Order placed on Nov 13th. The dealer confirmed the order had been accepted by the factory 3.5 weeks later.
- I was given a build week (week 25) 14.5 weeks from the date of placing the order.

The dealer has been very good at keeping me informed and has given me updates every 1-2 weeks.

So I'm playing the waiting game just now............Hope to take delivery in July - that's if my build week doesn't get moved back. When I ordered my current car (mk5 Golf GT170), I had taken delivery of it within 3 months of ordering, so somewhat different now! :angry:       

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl