Author Topic: Golf GTD lead time  (Read 21053 times)

Offline ferret2002

• Just got here
Golf GTD lead time
« on: 18 April 2011, 18:21 »
HI DOes anyone know what the current lead time is on the standard spec GTD? I ordered one as a company Car on 1st November and had been told it was due at the dealer this week. Today I have been told it will be another 7 weeks before it is due - surely something is not right with this?  :sad:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: Golf GTD lead time
« Reply #1 on: 18 April 2011, 20:46 »
Sounds about right.
Extended lead times on anything that is dsg, bluemotion, and with 2.0 tdi engines. I have never had anything turn up in 12-16 weeks gtd/gti wise. Hey ho........
Doesn't help there is a shortage of 2.0 tdi engines so vw are taking a few thousand off skoda : )
The GTD would be a 5 month wait
« Last Edit: 18 April 2011, 20:52 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline jkp

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 18 April 2011, 21:33 »
I ordered mine 5 weeks ago and not had any feedback since my initial 12-16 weeks quote. I dropped into the dealers this afternoon, but the chap I was dealing with is on holiday. I'll wait and have a conversation with him next week to see whats happening.

What I was told was they had a std order for one already in the system and were trying to modify it if possible to my spec, so maybe it'll be sooner that the 5 months or so, although with my luck it'll be longer.  :rolleyes:
GTD manual, 5dr, reflex silver,

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #3 on: 18 April 2011, 22:10 »
Yep wellcome to VW waiting times , just ordered mine on the 15/04/11 been told expect sept 11 ??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 19 April 2011, 00:06 »
Don't know if its any different here in Ireland (I hope it is!)... I ordered a GTD on March 9th and was also told 12-16 weeks. I callled in a couple of weeks ago and dealer told me that the car was pencilled in for week 20 build (early-mid May?). I  haven't checked since... I really hope it doesn't get pushed out much later than that  :tongue:

The 5-6 month lead times I read about on here worry me! Cos when I think about it, they all come from the same factory, so if UK customers are getting these delays, then surely I will too.... damn!!
« Last Edit: 19 April 2011, 00:14 by JoeGTI »
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 19 April 2011, 12:47 »
Yes these VW build times have always been stupid. I ordered mine on 19/09/09 and they quoted 12 weeks they rang me in November saying it would be delayed another month because of big demands. I picked it up on 27/01/10 which is 16 weeks. After 16 weeks they give you a load car while your still waiting.

Now this is talked about on many forums if you search. The more extras you want does extend the build time that applies to all VW's not just the GTD. Where was a long delay because they couldn't get enough DSG gearboxes. The longest that I've heard about was 7 months.
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline ferret2002

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 19 April 2011, 14:45 »
This is the info I have received today from the lease company:

VW comms - Updated 18th April

Delayed scheduling of vehicles
Unconfirmed orders for some models are showing provisional build weeks. This delay is caused by a combination of the number of orders waiting to be scheduled and the planned Factory holiday. We will provide more information as it becomes available.

Supply of 2.0-litre diesel engines is becoming increasingly restricted for all models, causing delays to production. We are awaiting clarification of the scale of this issue, and will update accordingly.

Colour multifunction computer display (9Q4) has been temporarily removed from ordering.

Improved supply on parking technology
Supply of parking sensors and cameras has improved. Delayed orders will be scheduled for production at the earliest possible build week.

Delays on models fitted with DSG
Supply of DSG is restricted. This is affecting all models. The situation will not improve in the short term, please consider this when advising customers of potential lead times.

Delays on models fitted with DAB
We have been informed by the Factory of potential restrictions in the supply of DAB units. We are awaiting further clarification on the scale of this issue that will impact all models. The initial indications are that the situation will not improve in the short term. Please consider this when advising customers of potential lead times.

Golf
Extended lead times
High levels of demand on Golf mean that there are extended delivery times on these models. Every effort is being made to ensure that the oldest customer orders are scheduled into the earliest build weeks.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 19 April 2011, 15:02 »
I don't like the sound of all that  :sad:
2.0 TDI engines shortage and a short supply of all Golf models to boot. Bugger.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline flc1962

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 20 April 2011, 09:09 »
GT TDI ordered Strat July 2009 deliver time was for September but the car came at the end of Octobe 2009, the big benefit for me was a free Dynaudio system (never billed) and my finance agreement went down by £30.00 a month due to a rate change, so a 4 month wait, well worth it. Just wish I had ordered a 5 door now!!

Offline ferret2002

• Just got here
« Reply #9 on: 20 April 2011, 12:16 »
Today I have been told that the 6th June delivery Date (32 weeks) is probably unlikely too and perhaps i should consider ordering a different car. Now do i carry on waiting???? :undecided: