Author Topic: Finance quote...  (Read 6841 times)

Offline mojo555

• GTI forum regular
Finance quote...
« on: 01 April 2011, 22:20 »
Been trying for a week now with two different dealers to get a finance quote on a gtd, but they both look like they are not interested in my business, this happened when i brought the S3 7 months ago i went into Stoke VW they looked around my car and said they would call me with px price and figures on the R. Guess what no call...

Poor show VW!! looks like it will be another Audi then as at least they are interested and return my calls

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: Finance quote...
« Reply #1 on: 01 April 2011, 22:42 »
Have you tried another dealer?
Alot of dealers can easy sell there allocation and cannot get cars to meet demand so they don't bother following customers up. Each salesman imo is different. The same as every dealership is different as there run as seperate buisnesses.
You could try user 'evo1986' on here, he works for a VW dealer and im sure he would be interested in your custom.
« Last Edit: 01 April 2011, 22:45 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Sylvian84

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 01 April 2011, 23:44 »
Mojo you have a PM.

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 02 April 2011, 01:44 »
i went into Stoke VW they looked around my car and said they would call me with px price and figures on the R. Guess what no call...
I had mine from VW Stoke that does surprise me. Though if you're looking for a used car then that doesn't.
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #4 on: 02 April 2011, 07:11 »
i went into Stoke VW they looked around my car and said they would call me with px price and figures on the R. Guess what no call...
I had mine from VW Stoke that does surprise me. Though if you're looking for a used car then that doesn't.

Keith, could you tell him who you dealt with at Stoke.

Offline mojo555

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 02 April 2011, 07:34 »

It would be a new car mate...

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #6 on: 02 April 2011, 08:22 »
Drop me an email

Lee.evans@ir.inchcape.co.uk

Evo1986
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline mojo555

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 02 April 2011, 09:39 »
Drop me an email

Lee.evans@ir.inchcape.co.uk

Evo1986

Thanks Lee, i have just emailed you..

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
VW Stoke
« Reply #8 on: 02 April 2011, 15:46 »
Keith, could you tell him who you dealt with at Stoke.
Well the sales girl that dealt with me was Hannah Penrice a girl in her late 20's and who nothing about sales. I asked her if the GTD comes with floor mats she said no. I checked all the cars in the showroom and they had none whether they were stored somewhere else. I wanted mud flaps and the loadliner so I ordered the basic protection pack £220.

A few days later VW sent me the brochure and it said they come with floor mats so I now have a spare set of £100 floor mats that I'll never use because I have rubber mats on top. She didn't offer any of the additional packages only the GAP plan and service package which I had. I had to ask about the Flat Tyre Indicator and added that for £35, thats the best bit of kit you can get as an add-on for £35. She never explained the differences in the radios, I which I had had the RNS 510 now. After driving it for a while I wish I had ordered the parking sensors now as the front is more difficult to guess than the back.

Now on the service reception wall they have certificates for the best VW dealer two years running as the link below shows. I have spoken to the other sales men since I ordered it and they appear to know a lot more details. So its just the old saying women know nothing about cars. I didn't part ex anything as I went for the scrappage scheme.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/retailers/stoke-volkswagen/stoke-on-trent/news/1626/page/current/00256

Does anyone know if you can fit the Flat Tyre Indicator as a later option? Do you just need the modified ABS module and VCDS it?  :wink:

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f112/how-retrofit-indirect-tire-pressure-monitoring-5-minutes-7k6-50164.html
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #9 on: 02 April 2011, 16:13 »
Im not sure Keith if your asking or telling us you can retrofit the TPMS, as your link shows you can retrofit and/or just program it. I decided to also fit the button and im going to fit it in a couple of weeks.
http://www.mk6golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,123.0.html

Like you i strongly recpmend the parking sensors and its not because i cannot park. I regular park 45 cars including a full size coach on Sundays but i still find the mk6 the worst car of the lot to judge on the front end due to its shape and the drop down at the front.
« Last Edit: 02 April 2011, 16:15 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.